The topic is locked.
A couple lost their 25 year old son in a fire at home on June 4th. The son who had graduated with MBA from the University of Wisconsin-Madison two weeks earlier had come home for a while. He had lunch with his dad at home and decided to go back to clean up his hostel room. His father told him to wait, to meet his mother, before he went back for a few days. He decided to take a nap while waiting for his mom to come back home from work. Some time later their neighbors called 911 when they saw black smoke coming out of the house.

Unfortunately, the 25 years old died in the three year old house. It took several days of investigation to find out the cause of the fire. It was determined that the fire was caused by the laptop resting on the bed. When the laptop was on the bed cooling fan did not get the air to cool the computer and that is what caused the fire. He did not even wake up to get out of the bed because he died of breathing in carbon monoxide.

The reason I am writing this to all of you is that I have seen many of us and also our sons & daughters using the laptop while in bed. Let us all decide and make it a practice not to do that. The risk is real. Let us make it a rule not to use the laptop on bed with blankets and pillows around. Please educate as many people as you can.

"Please pass to everyone you know, you might save one's life"

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes,many people don't know all such things,do commit mistake. We should be aware of such things when we use laptop.

Want to make each day Accountable

Hi sasikanth
Very good post you shared here it will help many people and one more thing I would like to share here that most of the people leave the charger on with the laptop which can be bust if continued for charging for long hours.
Sasikanth thank you for this post, I also use laptop by keeping on bed only , from now i have decided to not keep on bed or blanket and I will surely pass this message to all who ever use laptop. any way thank you

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

very helpful information Sasikanth. Even I use tableto put my laptop on it.and Vikas also shared very helpful information, chargers can burst if kept on for long hours.
when i read this post i was shocked, after reading i started taking care I really thank sasikanth

Yes this is a nice and important posting to laptop users.Don't use any electrical or electronics product on bed yaar.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
this is very important news..i too sometimes sleep with my laptop left open
My best option to all of you is buy a cooling pad for laptop it saves you from this.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

yes, you are right sasikanth the best solution for such happening not to happen is using cooling pad

My best option to all of you is buy a cooling pad for laptop it saves you from this.

sasikanth its an good idea and one more thing people should keep in their mind that while using laptop they must check out the exhaust fan window has no blockage means that window should not be closed by any means.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.