Jan 25 is called the Voter's Day.In our state we are nominating for voting.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
A day for voters' too. Then it must be called Fool's day. :blush:

365 days in 1 year, each day dedicated in the name of one or another

Meera sandhu
thank sasiknath, I never know till now.But today we didnt nominate anyone?

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

I think it is a good idea to have a day named after voters of India.The right to vote is a powerful instrument and should be used judiciously. Election commissioner Qureshi has been doing a fantastic job in raising awareness among the masses.
I think it is a good idea to have a day named after voters of India.The right to vote is a powerful instrument and should be used judiciously. Election commissioner Qureshi has been doing a fantastic job in raising awareness among the masses.

But will it help in bringing back the confidence in people to vote and select correct candidates?

Meera sandhu
It goes to the credit of the present Election Commissioner that he has in a large measure succeeded in ensuring free and fair poll and I can vouch for that. In Bihar and our state,elections used to be rigged in a shameless manner and in the last elections in the state I was really surprised to see the change and this way confidence is bound to come back in the electorate!
In southern states, I think voting is almost peaceful, especially Kerala and Tamilnadu

Meera sandhu
Participation is not up to the mark in north Indian states and if voters don't exercise their franchise it only works to the advantage of crooks who masquerade as politicians!
People are not voting because they have lost confidence in either parties. Then how can we blame them?

During last election, I was at Kodungallur, Trissur district itself. I decided that I will not vote because I don't believe in both parties. But, when I heard Shashi Taroor is our Congress candidate, I came to Thiruvananthapuram with my small kid, just to give a vote for him, because I thought he is a great person. So he will do something for our state, if he gets selected. He won with a majority of 1 lakh votes. Youth' vote completely went to him, irrespective of both parties.

But what happened? He comes to Kerala only for inaugural functions.

So I didn't attend Kerala state elections last year.

So people can't be blamed.

Meera sandhu
thanks for this valuable information. As i dont know that there is a day for voters too. How this day has been selected can anyone know more about thIs day?

Vinu
25 th January voters day .Really great and I did not know it. Nice information.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.