Many heroes had made us proud and contributed many much to our country. Why can't we remember them on this republic day and pay honour to them? I think it is the best thing we can do on this republic day.
Let us all mention names of heroes of our country (dead or alive and any field) and write a few words about their life and contributions.

We can start with our Bappuji.Of course, we are no one to tell anything about him and no words in our dictionary could describe him best. Yet, best honour, we can give to him is to become best citizen of our country and follow, what he has taught us.

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Ut will be better to collect information and write articles on them. Moreover, it will be more apt to write on lesser known freedom fighters as the more prominent like Subhas Chandra Bose, Bhagat Singh are already known. One such hero Ram Singh who spent many years in Andaman Jail died at Agra last year. similarly, there was a very prominent freedom fighter Raja Mahendra Pratap in Mathura.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

@Gulshanji
Can you say a few words about them?

Meera sandhu
I have written an article in the memories of Netaji but not approved still now.
Khudiram Bose was a great freedom fighter of Bengal. He threw bomb to an british officer with Prafullya Chaki and caught. latter he was hanged by British.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
@Gulshanji
Can you say a few words about them?[/quote

I need to collect more information about these heroes. I shall write articles on them thereafter. I am not original resident of Agra and therefore do not have much information.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

@Gulshanji
Can you say a few words about them?[/quote

I need to collect more information about these heroes. I shall write articles on them thereafter. I am not original resident of Agra and therefore do not have much information.

But happy to know about Ram Singh and Raja Mahendra Pratap

Meera sandhu
We had great souls who breathed freedom and worked for it with a fierce zeal and purpose to ultimatley achieve freedom for us and it would be moral bankruptcy of an unforgivable kind if we don't remember their supreme scarifices all th time!
Its good to know more freedom fighters name here. Thanks gulshan ji and ram for information shared.

Vinu
You are right today we only mean to enjoy the holiday but no serious about those fighters due to whom we are independent.
Its really a good idea to write about the freedom fighters....even single article by an individual would do the good.......I think it would be a nice initiative.....and I am in it.......

smriti
Swadeshabhimani Ramakrishna Pillai was a freedom fighter of my home town Neyyattinkara of TVM district.
He was the editor of the newspaper Swadeshabhimani. He was arrested and exiled from Travancore in 1910 because he wrote against Divan and ministry. He wrote Marx biography in Malayalam, first one in any Indian language.

A park and a street is named after him, to honour this wonderful person.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swadeshabhimani_Ramakrishna_Pillai

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.