It seems that Indian traditional dress for women - Sari is no more safe for people as it may cause the dangerous and deadly disease - Cancer. The popular journal - Indian Medical Association, in its article published in Nov 2011, mentioned that doctors from a hospital in Mumbai revealed that a new type of Cancer has hit Indian women and they named the disease - Sari Cancer.

The magazine quoted doctors from Grant Medical College as saying, "We have treated three women for waist or sari cancer in the last couple of years." Describing the nature and causes of such type of Sari Cancer, doctors stated, "The sari petticoat, if tied in the same place day after day, can cause chronic irritation along the waistline."

"The constant irritation can result in scaling or pigmentation. But most sari-wearers don't notice it until it gets chronic," said the doctors.

However, doctors also claimed that this type of cancer does not affect those who wear pants and belts as the pressure is spread over a larger area, but in the case of petticoat and its string puts pressure at a single place.

Meanwhile, the doctors also assured women by saying, "If detected early, it can be treated with reconstructive surgery. But if the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes then we need to remove the malignancy."

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is really sad news. Then which dress must ware i did not know.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

I think it is only a rare case. If so, how many such cases have reported in India?

If a hare dies after a jack fruit fell on its head, is it possible that every time it repeats so?(Another translation) :laugh:

Meera sandhu
It's just hype! Let our researchers find a cure to this dreaded disease rather than see a trigger in every thing!
Yes this is true somewhere. It is true if women ties the saree too tight as the same place frequently. It is seen in very few women. Most of them prefer loose one. But the fact of cancer is true if you think logically and scientifically.
Yes this is true somewhere. It is true if women ties the saree too tight as the same place frequently. It is seen in very few women. Most of them prefer loose one. But the fact of cancer is true if you think logically and scientifically.

Cancer causes due to the mischief of a single cell. But how can it occur, just by tightening your clothes? It does not seem to be logical.

Meera sandhu
I don't understand how those statistics comes out. Since many years,Women are wearing Sari,i haven't heard this type of news before.
I don't believe on this.

Want to make each day Accountable

This is really shocking news, i didn't hear this before.. :unsure:

Vinu
I love wearing Saree......don't shock me........weird to even think about 'Saree cancer'........

smriti
This might be not a good news for the indian wemen who always wear saree which is a tradition for them lets try to find some cure for this.
This is very important news . Thanks for sharing. I think wearing style should be changed or women have to learn a way to war saree which they should change regularly.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.