Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
At least it can be implemented occasionally.

Meera sandhu
even i agree with Sandhya....of course it would be an extra burden on part of the editors....but it is after all for the benefit of the site........ :)

smriti
This is very great idea. in our office also this type of award is given every month to employee in content team who write the best article.
This is very good idea and it will motivate all members to write more articles.:)

Vinu
I don't see any reply on the part of any from the administration to this very imaginative suggestion!
Chinmoy, I remember sometime back we have implemented similar award. Somehow it was not continued. Yes it is very good idea to attract good articles. But the implementation should be transparent and effective, otherwise the motivation would be lost.

My suggestion would be:

1. The articles should be nominated by the authors themselves.
2. The best articles should be selected by the other members by voting/comments/reviews.
3. A panel of moderators should decide the winner (not just by user votes or by comments but also with their own reviews)
4. In case no good article submitted the award will be discarded for that week.

These are some of my ideas but I request you to share your thoughts.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

It is really a nice suggestion that articles should be nominated by authors themselves. It will make its implementation process more easy.
I think, word count should be given less preference than the quality of the article and variety of subjects selected. Sometimes, it require more effort to write a small article of 300 words than an article of 1500 words. I personally believe so.
All the 4 points given by you are really nice and I think, every member will approve them.
Also one more suggestion from my side.
A member cannot nominate himself for more than 3 articles per week. If so, moderators work will be much minimized.

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: Maverick
[quote]A member cannot nominate himself for more than 3 articles per week. If so, moderators work will be much minimized. [/quote]That's good suggestion Sandhya.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Its very good suggestion given by admin and sandhya. I think all members accept these points for sure.

Vinu
yes, the suggestion given by sandhya is wonderful and very worth able too

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.