Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]Chinmoy, I remember sometime back we have implemented similar award. Somehow it was not continued. Yes it is very good idea to attract good articles. But the implementation should be transparent and effective, otherwise the motivation would be lost.

My suggestion would be:

1. The articles should be nominated by the authors themselves.
2. The best articles should be selected by the other members by voting/comments/reviews.
3. A panel of moderators should decide the winner (not just by user votes or by comments but also with their own reviews)
4. In case no good article submitted the award will be discarded for that week.

These are some of my ideas but I request you to share your thoughts. [/quote]

These are very good suggestions, thanks Maverick.

To add to it, there should be some properly defined criteria such as,

1. Recipes of any sort should be excluded from this award as they do not much reflect the writing flair in it.

2. The content should be absolutely free of any kind of grammatical and spelling errors, quality and topic of content should be the first and foremost criteria, but the spellings and grammar do matter a lot.

3. Rest of the criteria that are already applicable such as minimum 300 word count etc. should be complied with.

Another suggestion that I have is to implement another Weekly or Fortnightly activity is The Best Movie Review. If this is okay with everyone, I will prepare a set of guidelines for it.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Maverick
Wow this is the nice suggestion by Kalyani mam. So it will be funny also.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Thank you,Maverick! Your suggestion along with that of Kalyani and Sandhya provide an excellent basis to get started with. To my mind topicality,its global context and reach,grammatical correctnes and above all readers' feedback are pragmatic yardsticks which should be applied fairly and transparently. Once this award gets going I foresee a tremendous boost for article-writing,quality consciousness and the resultant improvement in traffic.Subjectwise,Kalyani is right - recipes are surely not the draw. We have to write more articles on current politics,finance,stock markets and tax related issues to attract global traffic.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Maverick
Chinmoy jee you forgotten about the health ones also. Many people are searching in net for this health topics.

Yes,it also draws a lot of traffic and competent members can concentrate that!
It is really a nice suggestion.
As Kalyani suggested about starting Movie review section, it sounds really nice. I want to know more about it. I think she can provide us with better ideas.

I think in addition to recipes, review of places/hotels etc can also be excluded. What is your opinion?

Meera sandhu
She is waiting from all our responses if Admin approved it means she will give full details about that.

This is a very good idea and should be implemented.It will appreciate to write good article more and more.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Thanks Kalyani, Chinmoy for your valuable suggestions.

Kalyani, let us go with the articles contest first and based on the result we can add more contests. Meanwhile we can prepare guidelines and rules for the other contest.

I will add a page to nominate the articles where users can submit them, editors can review them. Later provide the guidelines and rules for entering the contest. Hope this will be successful contest.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, vinodh
[quote]Thank you,Maverick! Your suggestion along with that of Kalyani and Sandhya provide an excellent basis to get started with. To my mind topicality,its global context and reach,grammatical correctnes and above all readers' feedback are pragmatic yardsticks which should be applied fairly and transparently. Once this award gets going I foresee a tremendous boost for article-writing,quality consciousness and the resultant improvement in traffic.Subjectwise,Kalyani is right - recipes are surely not the draw. We have to write more articles on current politics,finance,stock markets and tax related issues to attract global traffic. [/quote]

Yes, the subjects also matter a lot! Focus should be more on the kind of topics that are critical, sensitive and most sought after!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.