Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]Thank you,Maverick! Your suggestion along with that of Kalyani and Sandhya provide an excellent basis to get started with. To my mind topicality,its global context and reach,grammatical correctnes and above all readers' feedback are pragmatic yardsticks which should be applied fairly and transparently. Once this award gets going I foresee a tremendous boost for article-writing,quality consciousness and the resultant improvement in traffic.Subjectwise,Kalyani is right - recipes are surely not the draw. We have to write more articles on current politics,finance,stock markets and tax related issues to attract global traffic.

Yes, the subjects also matter a lot! Focus should be more on the kind of topics that are critical, sensitive and most sought after![/quote]

I couldn't agree more. Most articles are on recipes. We need articles on various topics like personalities, entertainment, finance, insurance, taxation etc.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You are right Gulshan! Like Chinmoy has also stated, these kinds of topics are more desirable and are the ones that appear more no. of times on any search engines.

Regarding articles on personalities, I have seen some recently and unfortunately have had to reject several of them, because they were mostly a collection of sentences picked up from here and there and not a proper bio of those celebrities. If a good job is done on that front, we can publish some very good articles in that category

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I am happy to see that new contests and reward will be online soon. Many different types of articles will be seen. Many members will start working on articles once again. There will be fun and excitement.
Very nice that admin approved and started new award. This will bring many quality articles online.:cheer:

Vinu
Thanks Kalyani, Chinmoy for your valuable suggestions.

Kalyani, let us go with the articles contest first and based on the result we can add more contests. Meanwhile we can prepare guidelines and rules for the other contest.

I will add a page to nominate the articles where users can submit them, editors can review them. Later provide the guidelines and rules for entering the contest. Hope this will be successful contest.

Wow! I couldn't have expected more! Thanks Maverick for responding to all our suggestions and acting so swiftly! I really look forward to great all round improvement of our site very soon.
If a new page is created for this purpose only, it will be easy for we people to go through the best articles published that particular week, not needed to search the whole article directory for the 'recent best'. :)
I am sure, that page will contain 'best among the best' article links posted that week. Am I right?
1134555_2012-02-18.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)
ayyo_2012-02-18-2.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Meera sandhu
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 5484]}
Yea! You are!
I think some points should be given for presentation and better alignment of the page (i.e. the article should look neat), but only with least preference .Other criteria like quality of article, topic selected and of, course grammar should be considered first.

Meera sandhu
[quote]I think some points should be given for presentation and better alignment of the page (i.e. the article should look neat), but only with least preference .Other criteria like quality of article, topic selected and of, course grammar should be considered first. [/quote]

That is exactly the order being followed for current articles as well.

The quality, grammar and content is the first and foremost important points followed by alignment, presentation, spacing and font.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes, exactly what I meant. :)
Alignment is really not an easy task and our article will capture the eyes of a reader only if it is neatly presented with correct alignment and spacing.

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.