Yesterday, was the first death anniversary of Soumya- the poor victim of insecurity of railway police.
Are women secure in ladies compartment? Does such incidents make an influence on top officials to bring better security system for women traveling in train at night?

http://www.thehindu.com/news/states/kerala/article2618029.ece

http://news.oneindia.in/2011/11/11/court-pronounces-death-for-soumya-murderer-kerala.html
What steps can be taken to improve security of women in trains?

Let us all pray and pay a tribute to this girl.

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sandhya I remembered some days back also this type of case happened in Kerala. In that case Person who raped and killed the girl is hanged.

There is no security for Women in Railways also. I had one doubt where is other passengers in that train.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Sandhya I remembered some days back also this type of case happened in Kerala. In that case Person who raped and killed the girl is hanged.

There is no security for Women in Railways also. I had one doubt where is other passengers in that train.

I am telling about that incident itself, Sasi.
Yesterday was her death anniversary.
When this one-handed man attacked her, she was alone in the compartment at night.
Just 10 minutes before, she talked to her parents and fiancee that she will reach home in 15 minutes. Next day or so, was her engagement. She was the only support of a poor family.
That man slashed her head against a metal or something inside the train. When the train has just started, he pulled her out of the train and he also jumped.
Many people in the next compartment saw this. But nobody pulled the chain

After the deed, he took her money and mobile also. Look, what a cruel person was he. Then he sold her mobile to another person from whom police got evidence.

He was caught by police half or 1 hour later.

Whole Kerala prayed for this girl. But she died after 3 days. This incident took place at Thrissur, my present town.

Meera sandhu
No today lady were unsecure due to the rise of crime.

In a Lady railway Compartment too.Today people freely move in that compartment to without any restrication.They must be restricted to move such a way.Lady compartment meant only for lady or little child.No need of gents.Railways should take serious action to stop that movement.
I know this tragic case but ladies compartments do give some degrees of relative safety and it can never be made absolute.
I know this tragic case but ladies compartments do give some degrees of relative safety and it can never be made absolute.

But don't you feel, general compartments are more safe to ladies at night, when number of travellers in lady compartments are comparitively low, particularly when train is going through less-dense places?

Meera sandhu
Any compartment with sparse passengers especially at night would be quite unsafe and it's for the railways to take appropriate measures.
It is safe to make a journey on general compartment comparing to ladies compartment. B'cox here in general compartment no. Of passengers are more. So it is safe.
Also, comparing to ladies compartment. A lady can easily gets seat on general compartment. As gents on general compartment leave space for ladies or seniors easily But this will not on ladies compartment.

Vinu
Yes you are right gent are very kind hearted.They leave seat for Seniors and lady.I too leave seat for him many time.That compartments are very safe as it is not safe for thief or other illegal person to attemp any thing Wrong.
This is very sad news and yes we should help to each other.Railway authorities should have some responsibilities regarding safety of women specially at night.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Now a days, ladies dont have securities in day time only. then travelling in train that too alone at night time is not at all safe.

Thats why a women should never go anywhere alone. either she should go with some men or she should go with a group.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.