Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I don't believe that the whole people we see at temples are real believers of God. If one truly believes God, he will have faith in him and do those activities only that will make God feel happy...Only true believers can, but nowadays very rare....yet we can find some.
What are we seeing in temples and churches....all are coming in the belief that if I go and worship, I will get my ambition fulfilled. Only a few people will be there who come to temple/ churches at both times-success and failures....sometimes don't even have something to ask. They come for iternal happiness only.
Those people who worship God only for benefits....I have never included them in believers. They are just using an alternative to attain some aim/goal in their life. That's all. I don't have anything to comment on the character of such persons.
I am a Hindu. But for past 8 months or so, I have gone to temple just 2-3 times, that's all. I have not even gone to Guruvayoor, since I came before 8 months. I never believe that if we go to temple or worship at home, we will get everything we need in life. I never believe so. But, both at the time of happiness and sorrows, I call him in my mind and get a satisfaction in it.

We are send to earth to do some good things for man kind and return back with satisfaction. Belief in God surely gives an easy path to achieve that.
Yes....we should be good and do good things. All are agreeing with me.Isn't it? I am saying, belief in God, praying and of course, doing each and every activity by keeping this question in mind, 'If I do this, will God like it?' can surely prevent us from doing many bad things in life. What is its outcome??? We are becoming good people with good character. Isn't it? That's what I am telling repeatedly, of course, belief can often shape your character and gift you many good things. What is geetha, quran and bible teaching you....be good and do good.

I never told, it's the only one path...through out the discussion. I told.....one path among alternatives. That's all. One can choose it or not, it depends upon that person only.

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Conclusion is that who ever worked in any capacity and reached there where he planed for is our role model. This is the work that makes you stand out.

Here the issue is whether Belief in God affects your character. 'Role model' is different issue. Now just see- who has more success- God or Satan. Most people are evil. Evil is more prevalent and success. So, 'Satan' and not 'God' is 'role model' of most.

You know sir, there is a saying 'honesty is the best policy' for me honesty is not a policy, that is religion for me. Now decide for yourself, who is my role model.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I am summarizing this topic like this.
Through the whole discussion it is clear that people who are losing confidence in God is increasing. Perhaps after 10-12 years, this fact may widen more. Earlier, our forefathers believed that we should do good things and after doing good deeds, pray to god to give its fruit. They teach their children good ideas through good stories of our culture and always remind them about the importance of prayer in one's life and its influencing factors over human characteristics. But now things have really changed. :(
Yet, I am firm in my statement that belief in God can bring you only positive things to one's life and if we face some problems in our life, we can't blame him for that. Often, belief in God and prayers can lessen many of our pains even if they can't be completely resolved. Also, saying a good thing thousand times can become a mantra in our life, which can bring many positive things to our life.
I am concluding my ideas here. :)

Meera sandhu
I am agree with Sandhya .Believe in God may give us positiveness .

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
I personally believe these are very personal issues and one needs both experience and an enlightened mind to examine th intricacies of issues involved. Our belief in God has always been challenged by various developments like world wars and others. One thing looks pretty certain that human civilization and divine existence would always go hand in hand. In the former USSR all attempts were made to force people to abandon it but the results are all there for us to see!
I personally believe these are very personal issues and one needs both experience and an enlightened mind to examine th intricacies of issues involved. Our belief in God has always been challenged by various developments like world wars and others. One thing looks pretty certain that human civilization and divine existence would always go hand in hand. In the former USSR all attempts were made to force people to abandon it but the results are all there for us to see!

There is no report of demolition of any religious places in U.S.S.R. It is true that the government did not favor or disfavor any religion. Also, their minsters would not visit religious places to impress people as many of ours do before elections. The people in soviet Union were free to believe and follow any religion or not follow any. This is real religious freedom and secularism. This is in china as well. Constitutionally, our country is also secular and citizens are free to follow religion of their choice or not follow any.

In fact, if you fight against superstitions and unjust religious practices, you will be accused of being an atheist or anti religious. Possibly, Raja Ram Mohan Roy would have faced such allegations.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

yes, The belief in god will surely influence one's character.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

yes, The belief in god will surely influence one's character.

every belief- God or other- affects character. The issue is whether the affect is good or bad. Practically, all cheats, thieves and bandits believe in some deity and worship. The bandits seek blessing of their deity before each operation. similarly, the thieves. You will find some deity temple in offices of advocates, businessmen, professionals and they worship before beginning work, which usually is sinful and unlawful. The belief in God does not prevent a businessman to adulterate food, weigh less, charge more, evade tax etc. This also does not prevent an advocate from assisting his client in tax evasion and other irregularities.

I agree that belief in God influences character. But such influence is negative, unlawful and anti social.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

That is true that if you start believing in GOD,you will avoid doing mistakes. Some elder should be there on our head to stop us,and if We have belief on GOD,we won't commit mistakes easily.

Want to make each day Accountable

Believing God itself changes our character and teaches us to be good.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.