Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Anand, to answer your question, salary and remuneration depends totally upon one's language proficiency and expertise. It is not just companies that look for translators/interpreters, but also foreign embassies with cultural attaches. For a fact French is spoken and French speaking people sought after in at least 51 countries around the world, including USA. All these countries require French professional to teach French in their schools and institutes.

French, along with English, is the official working language of
The United Nations
UNESCO
NATO
Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
the International Labor Bureau
The International Olympic Committee
The 31-member Council of Europe
The European Community
The Universal Postal Union
The International Red Cross
Union of International Associations (UIA)

French is the dominant working language at
the European Court of Justice
the European Tribunal of First Instance
the Press Room at the European Commission in Brussels, Belgium

To begin with, this is the scope of French! I only wish that I had had French in my school :(

After reading this i also feel that if i had learnt French in school. :whistle: :)

But my brother says it will be difficult for the kids to study it as they won't be able to teach them at home. :evil:
French is living language whereas Sanskrit is an ancient one. French is better option.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

French is living language whereas Sanskrit is an ancient one. French is better option.

Is there a scope of Sanskrit too like Kalyani told about French? :)
True, Gulshan, but if one wants to study Sanskrit, there is no dearth of career options for Sanskrit too. My maternal aunt and her husband are both Sanskrit scholars and they are invited every summer to teach Sanskrit in many universities in USA and Germany.

As a matter of surprise, my aunt tells me that the number of students learning Sanskrit, not just basic, but high PhD. level, is more in Germany than in India! :) :) :)

Not just teaching, there is a huge demand of Sanskrit scholars to study and translate into common languages our amazing range of ancient Sanskrit scriptures so that knowledge is made available to everyone.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]gulshan kumar ajmani wrote:

Is there a scope of Sanskrit too like Kalyani told about French?
[/quote]

Sanjeev, read my post above in response to GUlshan's post!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

True, Gulshan, but if one wants to study Sanskrit, there is no dearth of career options for Sanskrit too. My maternal aunt and her husband are both Sanskrit scholars and they are invited every summer to teach Sanskrit in many universities in USA and Germany.

As a matter of surprise, my aunt tells me that the number of students learning Sanskrit, not just basic, but high PhD. level, is more in Germany than in India! :) :) :)

Not just teaching, there is a huge demand of Sanskrit scholars to study and translate into common languages our amazing range of ancient Sanskrit scriptures so that knowledge is made available to everyone.

Every language or subject needs teachers. So prospects in teaching only has hardly any significance. However, Sanskrit has some other scope also. The ancient literature, knowledge, astrology, theology, mathematics- infact all ancient Indian knowledge is in Sanskrit. Hence if some body is interested in religion, scriptures, literature, history etc, Sanskrit might be excellent to him. But this will depend on aptitude and interest of the person. On the whole, modern languages like Spanish, French, Chinese have greater scope.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I think study of any foreign language and acquiring proficiency in it holds tremendous prospects.
Having french as a subject is really good. Because later when we join any company and if they want to communicate with other countries they will give more preference to the people who know foriegn languages. after our graduation most of the people try to learn but they bit fail in it. But from childhood if they study, the language will be in their minds for ever.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Now lots of opportunities exist in learning Chinese with commercial relations growing big with that country!
Yes...It is good only

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.