Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
True, Gulshan, but if one wants to study Sanskrit, there is no dearth of career options for Sanskrit too. My maternal aunt and her husband are both Sanskrit scholars and they are invited every summer to teach Sanskrit in many universities in USA and Germany.

As a matter of surprise, my aunt tells me that the number of students learning Sanskrit, not just basic, but high PhD. level, is more in Germany than in India! :) :) :)

Not just teaching, there is a huge demand of Sanskrit scholars to study and translate into common languages our amazing range of ancient Sanskrit scriptures so that knowledge is made available to everyone.

Oh it looks pretty strange in Germany they like to study Sanskrit.I have studied Sanskrit up to 10th level.I think its an interesting language and it a scoring subject. :)
[quote]Now lots of opportunities exist in learning Chinese with commercial relations growing big with that country! [/quote]

Yes, learning Chinese has a very great new range of avenues career-wise. I would also like to tell you all that if you are proficient in English and are willing to teach English in China, then you get good salary with free lodging, I have a friend who is doing exactly that in China!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]Now lots of opportunities exist in learning Chinese with commercial relations growing big with that country!

Yes, learning Chinese has a very great new range of avenues career-wise. I would also like to tell you all that if you are proficient in English and are willing to teach English in China, then you get good salary with free lodging, I have a friend who is doing exactly that in China![/quote]

I think every foreign language has its own advantages career wise. :)
[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Now lots of opportunities exist in learning Chinese with commercial relations growing big with that country!

Yes, learning Chinese has a very great new range of avenues career-wise. I would also like to tell you all that if you are proficient in English and are willing to teach English in China, then you get good salary with free lodging, I have a friend who is doing exactly that in China!

I think every foreign language has its own advantages career wise.
[/quote]

Very true Sanjeev, one only needs to know how to take those opportunities!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

That's very true Kalyani! With globalization some languages which received less attention earlier have become very attractive propositions!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.