Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The films can be nominated to Oscar only if they were screened in commercial motion picture theater in Los Angeles County and they have run at least seven consecutive days in that theater. This is the Eligibility for Oscar award.
Lets have a discussion on the Oscars and Indian Film awards.
I think Oscar awards are simple, good and better than the Indian Film award ceremony which is very colorful,with lots of dance and songs..Oscar is very calm and interesting whereas the dance, songs and comedy in the Indian ceremony makes it so boring after some time.
Whats your opinion on this.

Oscar film awards are much more organised and fair unlike Indian film awards which tend to be like our people and politics highly biased and one can never be sure if the award has been given on a fair basis, there is always a question mark..

I agree with Ushaji. We cannot compare Indian Films with the foreign films as our culture and taste is totally different from foreigners. Films always reflects the culture and tradition of the country.

Every time a national award is announced there is always a hue and cry over it because people feel that the film or the actor dint deserve it unlike at oscars where it is announced only after many selections process rounds ...

Here in India, the film's merit is decided on the strength of the politician's recommendation to whom the producer bribed. Where as in Oscars Merit can't be bought. It has to me earned.
I think Oscar awards are simple, good and better than the Indian Film award ceremony which is very colorful,with lots of dance and songs..Oscar is very calm and interesting whereas the dance, songs and comedy in the Indian ceremony makes it so boring after some time.

Oscar film awards are much more organised and fair unlike Indian film awards which tend to be like our people and politics highly biased and one can never be sure if the award has been given on a fair basis, there is always a question mark..

I agree with Ushaji. We cannot compare Indian Films with the foreign films as our culture and taste is totally different from foreigners. Films always reflects the culture and tradition of the country.

Every time a national award is announced there is always a hue and cry over it because people feel that the film or the actor dint deserve it unlike at oscars where it is announced only after many selections process rounds ...

Here in India, the film's merit is decided on the strength of the politician's recommendation to whom the producer bribed. Where as in Oscars Merit can't be bought. It has to me earned.

Yes babuji you are correct. Corruption continues with us beyond the grave.

Yes babuji you are correct. Corruption continues with us beyond the grave.

Corruption becomes inevitable now-a-days. There will be a corruption definitely where is 2 or more human beings. It is my humble opinion.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
The films can be nominated to Oscar only if they were screened in commercial motion picture theater in Los Angeles County and they have run at least seven consecutive days in that theater. This is the Eligibility for Oscar award.

Oh I see, was not aware of the process involved which goes to show that the awards are even more authentic..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The Indian Awards system has been copied from the west from their Oscar Awards. Oscar Awards is definitely more interesting and captivating,

Mala Jaiswar
The Indian Awards system has been copied from the west from their Oscar Awards. Oscar Awards is definitely more interesting and captivating,

Its not copy, we have adapted their system. If we say it is a copy, then everything from our educational system, law system, hospital systems, etc., Even the dresses we wear.
Friends both the awards are important. Winning National award means it is liked by the country. Winning Oscar award means it is liked by the whole world. Winning in national platform and then interntional platform is important.
Bollywood awards are all a big joke. First of all these are way too many awards and every award has a favorite star they want to please.

Sharmistha Banerjee
In the sixties and seventies Fimlfare and National awards carried a lot of prestige and were genuine.But of late especially after the nineties they have become a place where stars come to get photographed and spoken about and catch the eye of some film maker, more like a social event, after which they get written about and may end up with some roles...Oscar awards too have undergone a lot of changes but not so drastically as Indian ones..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.