Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Indian awards are now copying the foreign awards in every which way they can and frankly making a mess of it except National awards which at least look dignified, but the selection process is of course never clear....It would be so much better if we stuck to our own traditional way of doing things which we are good at rather than do some hotch potch that is neither here nor there...Everybody speaks in English mostly ungrammatical and broken and with fake accents that cannot be identified, instead why not speak in Hindi or any one of the constitutional languages ? Even some gestures that are typical of Western actors are followed here which looks laughable in our context...

That all and also the fact that there are now more than at least 10 different organizations giving the awards at the same time. One organization gives the Best Film, Best Actor, Best Actress to a certain set of people while the other gives to another. In the end, in any given year, almost all featured films get Best Film awards and almost all actors and actresses get best actor awards. It really makes me wonder whether there is any real criteria of being the BEST!! :blink:

What i think that, it is kind of appreciation to the low budget films, whose story or concept is different, good and which could help the society.

Want to make each day Accountable

Indian awards are now copying the foreign awards in every which way they can and frankly making a mess of it except National awards which at least look dignified, but the selection process is of course never clear....It would be so much better if we stuck to our own traditional way of doing things which we are good at rather than do some hotch potch that is neither here nor there...Everybody speaks in English mostly ungrammatical and broken and with fake accents that cannot be identified, instead why not speak in Hindi or any one of the constitutional languages ? Even some gestures that are typical of Western actors are followed here which looks laughable in our context...

That all and also the fact that there are now more than at least 10 different organizations giving the awards at the same time. One organization gives the Best Film, Best Actor, Best Actress to a certain set of people while the other gives to another. In the end, in any given year, almost all featured films get Best Film awards and almost all actors and actresses get best actor awards. It really makes me wonder whether there is any real criteria of being the BEST!! :blink:

What i think that, it is kind of appreciation to the low budget films, whose story or concept is different, good and which could help the society.

No doubt that we need to encourage all categories of films especially the quality films that are made on shoe string budget and because of this it fails to reach a wider audience ...But I don't think the award givers even care to look at them unless they have are either highlighted by the media ...they will not go looking for such films and encourage them! If such a thing is done it would be a very welcome move that will be encouraged by many people...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Actually Oscar awards are given based on their performances and our National awards are given based upon both performances and the movie box office performance. But here one out of judges jury is little biased and they see performance as long time credit and not just for that particular movie of that year. so lagging in thorough analyse of the nominations
Actually Oscar awards are given based on their performances and our National awards are given based upon both performances and the movie box office performance. But here one out of judges jury is little biased and they see performance as long time credit and not just for that particular movie of that year. so lagging in thorough analyse of the nominations

Yes that can happen easily, just because an actor has been a good performer does not necessarily mean that he or she is outstanding all the time and in all the films. Every performance and film ideally should be judged based on merit only, but this may not happen in India due to bias..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes that's true and it is so confusing with them being shown all the time...you get to see some award circus or the other when you switch on the TV and added to that you have South Indian awards too where they give some kind of honorary award to hindi films and occasionally other language films too along with the south films..

Yes, it is confusing a lot! especially when each major TV channel gives its own such awards.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.