Last day i was watching a movie Equilibrium.The concept is that after world war 3 a new world emerges which identify human emotions as the root cause of all conflicts and in the movies people are forced to take a drug to suppress emotions.

Do you think emotions are the root cause of conflicts and misery?Our emotional attachments do makes us miserable sometimes but do you think its something to be suppressed or say something bad??opinions...
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Why can we be humans if we don't have emotions at all? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Everything has both good and bad effects.
Money, the root cause of most evils is not necessary a emotion...actually, it's absence of emotion.
People create crimes when they become heartless, most.
So, it's not emotions but emotion-less that causes many crimes.

Also, not applicable in all cases, have some exceptions too

Meera sandhu
Yes rightly said sandhya.
Sometimes emotions can be the root cause of conflict. Emotions can be expressed in any way, it can be expressed in the form of anger, love, depression, anxiety, happines, etc. if one suppresses it by medicine humans will be emotionless and that may cause more worse situation that anything else.
Emotions must be expressed in some or the other way. Suppose a person is so angry but not expressing it then someday that anger will errupt like a volcano and cause more bad situation.
Yes rightly said sandhya.
Sometimes emotions can be the root cause of conflict. Emotions can be expressed in any way, it can be expressed in the form of anger, love, depression, anxiety, happines, etc. if one suppresses it by medicine humans will be emotionless and that may cause more worse situation that anything else.
Emotions must be expressed in some or the other way. Suppose a person is so angry but not expressing it then someday that anger will errupt like a volcano and cause more bad situation.

Yes, if sorrows not dissolved in tears or outburst, it can result in a volcano

Meera sandhu
It's the very thing that sets us apart from other beings. Scientific studies reveal that even dumb creatures too are capable of emoting! So it would be a grossly exaggerated view if we maintain that it's the root cause of our misery and all! We feel the supreme bliss all because of it! So what causes our misery is also the root which makes life so worth-living!
There are two different opinions on this subject and both are different up to some extent. Emotions are part of any one who has any sense of feeling and can not avoid thinking bad or good but there comes the test of ability. However i agree even the best can come to a breaking point at a given moment.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

That's individual specific - the way he or she is brought up - his or her philosophy in life. Our minds are trained in a way assisted by our physical,moral and social environment. Thus,two person react to development in two very different ways!
Exactly where one situation can infuriate some one in particular another may find the same enjoyable. depends totally on mentality and phases one going through.

Even the so-called misery or conflicting experiences in life produces an emotion which is known 'catharsis' - emotional cleansing which makes us better persons!
All emotions are pure which gather you and lift you up but that emotion is impure which seizes only one side of your being and so distorts you. The things look the way you look at them.

Bad,good or indifferent whatever you call them,all would be there in our beings and we have to strike the right emotional balance in order to survive meaningfully! One thing is sure- we can't do without it!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.