Friends, am here to intimate you :

I have noticed many of the members are changing forums as chat rooms, I have already warned in the forums, people stop discussing about the stopping and just chatting,After warning also they are repeating the same thing. May be some of the members don't know about my warnings or did not remember, so am intimating to everyone.
From today if I notice anyone making forums as chatrooms. It can not be tolerated by any of the moderator and you will be banned.

I hope you understood.

thank you,
Sarala.P

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think Sarala, nowadays it has changed a lot than before...people are seriously taking discussions though in a fun added manner. Now, am fully there at forum. That;s why am saying so. Also participation has tremendously increased

Meera sandhu
As I understand fora are not strictly symposiums or typical class rooms, a balance has to be struck between being too formal and informal! It's basically exchange of ideas in various forms at times serious and at times in jest. I hope I have cleared my position!
Also, sometimes it forms a part of conversations and if patiently gone through each post, if can be seen related to the topic in one way or another

Meera sandhu
A moderator has to draw on his or her knowledge,experience and above all competence to deal with any particular post. His or her ham-handed handling can lead to disastrous results!
In fact I would like to see a more detailed instruction coming from moderator/administration in to the matter so to avoid unnecessary disputes or going against the rules. This should be very clear as to how should one interact here?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I have not come across any such instructions in this regard as to what should be the ideal mode of communication in the forum.As far as the post itself is concerned, I frankly feel very uncomfortable with the language opted for!
Sandhya, i found in many forums, and i have even directed the forms towards the topic again, if you want you can check

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

I have not come across any such instructions in this regard as to what should be the ideal mode of communication in the forum.As far as the post itself is concerned, I frankly feel very uncomfortable with the language opted for!

I agree that it was a bit harsh! Instead of making a general statement that upsets all, it is better to admonish individuals who resort to chattering about irrelevant subjects!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
That was harsh. And sarala, forums are nothing but chatrooms the only difference being is members stick to the particular topic of the forum and exchange their views and ideas.

If you take a look at all major sites with a forum, you will find that there is a specific chatter away or discuss anything category where members can discuss anything they like (No doubt everyone has to stick to the original topic and discuss that).

I understand as a moderator it is your duty to be vigilant and stop members who post meaningless content just to gain points but do understand that forum is where people come to relax, seek knowledge and plus we are people with different personalities. Some have their say through humor and others do it professionally. For me, both the personality types would be on the same pedestal and I would not reprimand the humor personality just because he said a few unnecessary statements while discussing the topic.
Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
i guess the topics or threads which are meant for serious and accurate discussions are discussed in that way only.but how can one reply seriously to funny threads.yes i admit that many a times we deviate from topics but soon we come back too.and if things will become that serious then it will be difficult to reply for every thread and may restrict to participation also.

a.s.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.