As of now Property and bank deposits seem to be the best option given the volatility of the stock market...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think property investment is less risky than other options. 1 month before, we have made such an investment

Meera sandhu
I think property investment is less risky than other options. 1 month before, we have made such an investment

Yes, property is probably the best investment option since it appreciates a lot in years.The only snag is that one cannot get money quickly when it is needed unlike bank deposits..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Despite volatility, investment in quality stocks for long term and regular basis is a sound policy. There should be mix of investment in insurance, bank deposits, fixed deposits in banks and post office schemes.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Despite volatility, investment in quality stocks for long term and regular basis is a sound policy. There should be mix of investment in insurance, bank deposits, fixed deposits in banks and post office schemes.

Absolutely right! What is important to note here that property prices have substantially corrected in other parts of the world but not in India. So a correction is due anytime from now. We must an appropriate portfolio which is fairly representative. Bank deposit-though gives a kind of feeling of security- ranks low in my scheme of things! Besides, the market has entered an extremely oversold zone!
Yes, it's better to have different investment policies. Usha, if you want quick liquidity, you can invest a small amount in gold too. But pure gold can't be put in banks, only..can be sold later

Meera sandhu

Yes that is a very wise option, dont put all your eggs in one basket :cheer: Post office schemes dont pay much but tax rebate is for a higher amount and that helps..

Yes that is a very wise option, dont put all your eggs in one basket :cheer: Post office schemes dont pay much but tax rebate is for a higher amount and that helps..

I think, they can't be withdrawn suddenly :unsure:

Meera sandhu

I think, they can't be withdrawn suddenly :unsure:

Post Office deposits ? I think there is a minimum lock in period after which you can withdraw but you lose the extra interest that is paid to you..

Post Office deposits ? I think there is a minimum lock in period after which you can withdraw but you lose the extra interest that is paid to you..

I think it's applicable for fixed deposits too!!!

If you have a plan to build a home in distant future, you can buy land now. If possible, buy a little more. At the time of construction, you may sell a little part of it to build your mansion

Meera sandhu

Absolutely right! What is important to note here that property prices have substantially corrected in other parts of the world but not in India. So a correction is due anytime from now. We must an appropriate portfolio which is fairly representative. Bank deposit-though gives a kind of feeling of security- ranks low in my scheme of things! Besides, the market has entered an extremely oversold zone!

Thats true, In cities like Bangalore property prices have been doubling every 3 years since the past 9 or 10 years and one cannot expect it to go on escalating at the same pace...
Bank deposits are the safest as of now since mutual funds are related to stock markets performance,Insurance too is not a bad option...

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.