Last week i had the opportunity to go through 200 forms filled by college students.To my surprise none of them had a clear answer to the question regarding their political views.Most of them wrote "Not intrested".This trend is increasing among youth.Political awareness and discussions are decreasing.

Why do you think youth are becoming more apolitical?.Is it good?opinions...
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is not good for our country by seeing todays politics youth must show interest in politics to change politics.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Thanks MC for floating this topic. To my mind this a is very serious development. Apathy or antipathy as the sample you present is extremely disturbing.That represents a negative mindset of our youth,almost surrendering themselves to helplessness in a situation when they ought to be proactive in extricating the country from the present political mess!
Last week i had the opportunity to go through 200 forms filled by college students.To my surprise none of them had a clear answer to the question regarding their political views.Most of them wrote "Not intrested".This trend is increasing among youth.Political awareness and discussions are decreasing.

Why do you think youth are becoming more apolitical?.Is it good?opinions...

have you started this thread seeing my response in the left-right thread :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Actually youth have lost their beliefs in political parties. They are waiting for some sort of reforms in the society. At least, some people keep distance from political dramas and clashes occurring here. I think it's really nice. Youth is now more aware of time than before. So don't spare much time on politics than before. All are now professionals!!!! :S

Meera sandhu
Yes sandhya there is bad opinion for the young people towards politics. So no one is showing interest on that.

Yes sandhya there is bad opinion for the young people towards politics. So no one is showing interest on that.

mainly because they lost faith in it :evil: :evil: :evil:

Meera sandhu
Thanks MC for floating a serious topic and it did get me thinking! It is indeed a change which is not welcome nor desirable. I think it is the inclination of today's youth to focus only on earning avenues to be able to live a certain kind of lifestyle that has produced disinterest in political issues, no question of faith involved. In fact, faith is something that has become too relative. Also, who cares about which political party rules your town or city when you are dealing directly with foreign clients??

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Politics can also bring a lot of money......In crores...much more than any job in India. Yet, new generation is not interested in Politics. Why so? Because they can't find good people to lead them from the front! Also present youth is more literate than before that they are able to identify easily the crooked mind and hidden intentions of politicians. So, they keep distance

Meera sandhu
Sandhya, the kind of things that one has to deal with in politics is what puts them off. Also, the older generation who still dominates political scenario will not let younger lot take over so easily, we are already seeing that kind of struggle in almost all political parties. Unless you have a father or a mother in politics, it is hard for outsiders to enter the inner domains of any party. Also, the present youth would rather earn that money the with hard and smart work than indulge in politics and earn money with shades of black and grey!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Sandhya, the kind of things that one has to deal with in politics is what puts them off. Also, the older generation who still dominates political scenario will not let younger lot take over so easily, we are already seeing that kind of struggle in almost all political parties. Unless you have a father or a mother in politics, it is hard for outsiders to enter the inner domains of any party. Also, the present youth would rather earn that money the with hard and smart work than indulge in politics and earn money with shades of black and grey!

Yes...years before when K.Karunakaran asked a seat for his son the whole party turned against him resulting in the loss of seats of Assembly elections and also he started a new party. Yes, great clashes are going on inside the political parties itself. Yet, a few are emerging.
But I also believe, since youth understands their problems more and since they are more educated and more energetic, they should be given a better chance. Also as for all Government services, an age restriction should be given for participating in an Assembly election.

Though I don't think it will bring more reforms in the society, yet I believe it may make a bit difference.

Meera sandhu
Haha now a days in every political party this is happening they are offering this to relatives than giving it to outers.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.