Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Thanks MC for floating this topic. To my mind this a is very serious development. Apathy or antipathy as the sample you present is extremely disturbing.That represents a negative mindset of our youth,almost surrendering themselves to helplessness in a situation when they ought to be proactive in extricating the country from the present political mess!

You are welcome :) Its indeed very disturbing. Political discussions among youth are also decreasing. All they do is curse the leaders and express their helplessness. There is no solid discussions on ideological bases. But I think they do respond when given an opportunity whatever it may. The mass support for Anna movement is an example.

have you started this thread seeing my response in the left-right thread :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Actually youth have lost their beliefs in political parties. They are waiting for some sort of reforms in the society. At least, some people keep distance from political dramas and clashes occurring here. I think it's really nice. Youth is now more aware of time than before. So don't spare much time on politics than before. All are now professionals!!!! :S

Frankly Yes :laugh: ..The motivation to start a thread came up when I saw your post..No hard feelings :) :laugh: ..Well it doesn’t mean I am all knowing about politics. I am also much like you but a little more interested in talking these topics, that’s all. :)

I disagree with you in that you said it’s a good thing to be apolitical. I believe if the citizen are not up to date with the developments around him and if they are unaware of the politics around him it become easy to manipulate them. If you are not aware then you cannot respond. If you cant read between lines then its easy to convince .Theoretically this can even lead to slavery!!
Thanks MC for floating a serious topic and it did get me thinking! It is indeed a change which is not welcome nor desirable. I think it is the inclination of today's youth to focus only on earning avenues to be able to live a certain kind of lifestyle that has produced disinterest in political issues, no question of faith involved. In fact, faith is something that has become too relative. Also, who cares about which political party rules your town or city when you are dealing directly with foreign clients??

You are welcome :) ..What you said is true and maybe this is the very reason for it. Everybody is busy living..Lifestyles have changed..My job, my family is all that concerns.Ideological commitment and poltical beliefs are becoming a thing of past.But it will definetly have its consequences one day.
I feel that youth are interested in more in personal career than any other activity- political, social or religious. But they are live to their interests and so the politicians make use of this. Recently, the youth in U.P. supported Samajvadi Party because they were offered lap tops and unemployment benefit. Though not interested in political participation, they play their role when their interest is involved.

Absolutely right..The politicians make use of this. They can easily manipulate the apolitical youth. I remember when youth came out in support of Anna movement some political called them chocolate boys and girls.Amul babies makes politicians happy!.

have you started this thread seeing my response in the left-right thread :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Actually youth have lost their beliefs in political parties. They are waiting for some sort of reforms in the society. At least, some people keep distance from political dramas and clashes occurring here. I think it's really nice. Youth is now more aware of time than before. So don't spare much time on politics than before. All are now professionals!!!! :S

Frankly Yes :laugh: ..The motivation to start a thread came up when I saw your post..No hard feelings :) :laugh: ..Well it doesn’t mean I am all knowing about politics. I am also much like you but a little more interested in talking these topics, that’s all. :)

I disagree with you in that you said it’s a good thing to be apolitical. I believe if the citizen are not up to date with the developments around him and if they are unaware of the politics around him it become easy to manipulate them. If you are not aware then you cannot respond. If you cant read between lines then its easy to convince .Theoretically this can even lead to slavery!!

Yes, I agree with you that youth should have at least a little idea about politics. But what to do? I have seen many persons/students where politics have ruined their life. The main problem is, if students get more interested in politics, they even forget their own studies and aims. Later we can see many of them ruining their career, fighting for their leaders. Politics is good.....but should be given second preference to studies and reaching a position. After reaching that position, sure, they can find a little time there. Yet, the problem still is there...whom should youth follow???? :blink: :dry:

Meera sandhu
@Sandhya
Even if youth doesn't take part in politics, they can surely be aware of political developments.They must have a political ideology.Today's discussions are dominated by cinema and other such industries.You can see youth fighting aggressively over film stars but when it comes to politics, they end the discussions with few lines..Cursing and expressing helplessness.This has to change, i believe.
@Sandhya
Even if youth doesn't take part in politics, they can surely be aware of political developments.They must have a political ideology.Today's discussions are dominated by cinema and other such industries.You can see youth fighting aggressively over film stars but when it comes to politics, they end the discussions with few lines..Cursing and expressing helplessness.This has to change, i believe.

It may be because...earlier great leaders were there from whom youth gets inspired, who really have done a lot for the country. Some of them at schools and colleges even consider such great persons as role models. Now those days have gone. It's only because they lost faith in leaders. Some problems are sure there, which is needed to be corrected by leaders. They should show good path and give good ideas to youngsters. Then only youngsters will leave film stars and cricketers and take part in our country's progress.

Meera sandhu

I could not agree more. Being apolitical is no virtue. In British period, being apolitical meant that you were out of freedom movement. Today, being apolitical means that you are not concerned with scams and corruption, terrorism and dearness, population problem. Being politically conscious only means that as a citizen, you will assert yourself for moving political activities in right direction. Participation in party politics is not so essential.

It is game plan of dynastic politicians and utmost corrupt and ruling circles to limit youth to cricket, films, gossips and religious satsangs. In sixties, I remember that students were more interested in politics than anything.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes, I agree with you that youth should have at least a little idea about politics. But what to do? I have seen many persons/students where politics have ruined their life. The main problem is, if students get more interested in politics, they even forget their own studies and aims. Later we can see many of them ruining their career, fighting for their leaders. Politics is good.....but should be given second preference to studies and reaching a position. After reaching that position, sure, they can find a little time there. Yet, the problem still is there...whom should youth follow???? :blink: :dry:

Giving secondary importance to politics may be okay for Science students. But the subjects, Politics, Economics, Sociology are closely related to politics. Active interest in politics should also help in studies. Active interest in politics just means watching political events and forming an honest opinion. This does not necessarily means membership of a political party.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thanks MC for floating this topic. To my mind this a is very serious development. Apathy or antipathy as the sample you present is extremely disturbing.That represents a negative mindset of our youth,almost surrendering themselves to helplessness in a situation when they ought to be proactive in extricating the country from the present political mess!

You are welcome :) Its indeed very disturbing. Political discussions among youth are also decreasing. All they do is curse the leaders and express their helplessness. There is no solid discussions on ideological bases. But I think they do respond when given an opportunity whatever it may. The mass support for Anna movement is an example.

To my mind they have very little choice in this regard, today,tomorrow or day after they have to take the plunge - either directly or indirectly even if they want to pursue their career-ends! The political power is the real one.If they have to change their destiny,they have to take their due place under the sun!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.