EQ or Emotional Intelligence Quotient is now becoming increasingly relevant while hiring work force and when you are on a job interview.EQ is all about understanding yourself, your goals, your responses , behavior ..It is also your capacity to understand others and their feelings.

( By mistake I have posted this in announcements )

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
EQ or Emotional Intelligence Quotient is now becoming increasingly relevant while hiring work force and when you are on a job interview.EQ is all about understanding yourself, your goals, your responses , behavior ..It is also your capacity to understand others and their feelings.

IQ level is more important than what we study in books. I have seen people get good marks by cramming but when they are asked about the general things they are dump. :evil:

I am trying my kids to develop that quality also apart from the bookish knowledge. :)

IQ level is more important than what we study in books. I have seen people get good marks by cramming but when they are asked about the general things they are dump. :evil:

I am trying my kids to develop that quality also apart from the bookish knowledge. :)

IQ is no doubt very important, but these days EQ is given even more importance since EQ also focuses on positive effects and how to turn one's emotional intelligence to one's advantage by helping an individual build constructive thinking pattern so that it facilitates the person to reach his/her target or Goal..This includes motivation and effective leadership qualities as well... ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Usha, I have moved the topic to General Discussions, please do be careful when selecting the category!! :)

To the topic, its true that parents just do not focus on building EQ of their children, a very dangerous trend that we are now seeing resulting in increasing crimes by very young children, right from kidnapping to horrible murders! The parents should make their child learn the value of each and every thing that they get and also encourage them to be able to take a negative in equal stride as they take positive aspects of life!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Usha, I have moved the topic to General Discussions, please do be careful when selecting the category!! :)

To the topic, its true that parents just do not focus on building EQ of their children, a very dangerous trend that we are now seeing resulting in increasing crimes by very young children, right from kidnapping to horrible murders! The parents should make their child learn the value of each and every thing that they get and also encourage them to be able to take a negative in equal stride as they take positive aspects of life!

I am sorry kalyani, I seem to be making a practice of it, will definitely be careful in the future :huh:

I agree with what you say about EQ which is a very important aspect in a child's all round development.The children nowadays have so much of opportunity and sky is the limit for them and their achievements .I guess it is all the more necessary to instil the right values in them..

There are too many threads in 'announcements' with the remark that this is posted by mistake. Too many mistakes is definitely a serious matter. Members must be very careful about category when writing a post.

Child's EQ will depend mostly on parents' EQ. Encourage among children patience, proper thought before saying or doing anything, good behavior.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

There are too many threads in 'announcements' with the remark that this is posted by mistake. Too many mistakes is definitely a serious matter. Members must be very careful about category when writing a post.

Child's EQ will depend mostly on parents' EQ. Encourage among children patience, proper thought before saying or doing anything, good behavior.

I have been guilty of at least 4 or 5 threads , am truly sorry gulshan , will be very careful in the future...I agree that the environment and home atmosphere has a lot to do with how a childs EQ develops..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.