Many parents believe, if we teach our kid in a high standard school, he will develop good qualities and become a good citizen. Also, he will reach high positions easily. But, i can't fully agree with it as I believe, we should teach our kids in normal schools where normal kids study. Otherwise, in future they will turn more high-fi and may find a little difficult to mingle with the society. What do you think?

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
No this is wrong.When i searched a school for my kids i searched a medium class school no hi fi school as i knew it that its better to educate kids in an average school as they will find good environment there. :) I know people go for hi fi schools but what they get is good facilities but education is more or less is same. :)
The high standard or normal school do not mean much in terms of education or culture. These reflect more peoples' desire to maintain class. A senior bureaucrat, politician, engineer will not like that his child study or mix up with children of low paid peons, petty clerks or shop keepers. The gradation of school represents more class consciousness than educational needs.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The high standard or normal school do not mean much in terms of education or culture. These reflect more peoples' desire to maintain class. A senior bureaucrat, politician, engineer will not like that his child study or mix up with children of low paid peons, petty clerks or shop keepers. The gradation of school represents more class consciousness than educational needs.

Yet most parents believe so...Isn't it Sir? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Meera sandhu
Day before yesterday, we went to another BM's home for dinner. One of their kids is studying in 1st standard in a leading Christian school of Thrissur, where getting admission itself is very difficult, particularly for non-Christians.

She was saying, her kid has 35 home work books. Actually I was really shocked hearing this.

When I said, is it necessary for a 1st standard student to carry this burden and we haven't studied that much, they are telling......now time has changed.....what we studied is not sufficient enough :woohoo: . Kids have to learn a lot in this competitive world.
So, am asking you people.....is it necessary? Is she right?
Who has created such a situation here...that students have to carry such a big burden in the early ages itself....
My UKG girl also now have home work.....2 or 3 books....which need at least 1 hour to complete. I am fearing, what will I do next year onwards :( :( :(
Already talks going on for shifting of school, as many customers of my husband saying......it's a low standard school :blink: :blink:

One more thing......she was telling.....when we go inside the school, we will feel a different atmosphere. Feels as if her kid is studying in an international school.

Am asking you people....(our discussion topic) will it prove enough to bring a better citizen of India than a normal English medium school?
How much can they influence students?????????

Meera sandhu
Culture does not depend on school only but also depends on society and home also.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
culture never depends on costly schools. It depends up on the teachers how they teach and parents

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

I think if a person can afford the education expense then it is fine to spend money in international school. It doesnt matter which school the kids go they will learn the culture as their parents teach them. Yes child may get affected somewhere by the surrounding culture.
No such logical link is there. How can even the best of schools breed culture in one?
There are many reasons why parents wantt heir children to study in expensive and well known schools either national or international.First and foremost , the obvious reason, that they should study in school that is well known and mixing with the " right kind " of people - the snob value.
Another reason is that since most bigwigs send their children to such schools, their children too get to meet and probably get close to those people and it always is an added advantage to know the rich,famous and the powerful of the country.
Finally, a child does benefit to some extent since all that money that you pay has to show somewhere , the children do learn good manners, sophistication and the finer aspects of life...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

What I would firmly debunk is the notion that expensive and international brand makes one cultured if I am to strictly go by the import of the word 'culture'! I know so many failing miserably in either educating themselves properly or truly enlightening themselves with culture produced from proper education.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.