Let me know how many Chemistry lovers are here.
I can learn anything in Chemistry, but can't hi-heart Chemical reactions and equations. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :silly: :silly: :sick: :sick: :dry: :huh:
While I was studying in 10th standard, a Sir used to come to teach me Chemistry at home as tuition. Even if I learn Chemistry a lot, I forget everything when he asks questions. He used to warn me, "If you don't study well, I won't come". Just 3 months before exam, he left me forever seeing my progress in Chemistry :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
What about you?
Do you love this subject? Is it easy for you to memorize Chemical equations? :whistle: :whistle:

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8196]}

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
During my school day i love chemistry as this subject is based on chemical equation mostly organic chemistry.............
During my school days I didn't like chemistry that much. But nowadays I am enjoying it. Actually if the basic concept is clear, we don't need to learn by heart the whole equation.
During my school days I didn't like chemistry that much. But nowadays I am enjoying it. Actually if the basic concept is clear, we don't need to learn by heart the whole equation.

Can you explain it with the help of a few examples. Many students may be benefited by this

Meera sandhu
I never like chemistry. for this I was a commerce student. But now I am reading for children.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
I used to like chemistry a lot until the second year of B.Sc. when a very very boring and incompetent lecturer killed all my liking for it. Then I concentrated all my focus on my favorite subject Zoology!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I used to like Organic Chemistry... but Inorganic chemistry was always having mysterious look on me... :)

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
I am not a Science student. But I know that it is necessary to learn formulas in Chemistry. I suggest that memorize these by writing these. Memorizing by writing is best way.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Can you explain it with the help of a few examples. Many students may be benefited by this

Let me give a simple example.

HCl + NaOH =NaCl + H2O

When I was a school student I use to even memorize even simple equation like that. Now with the knowledge that when an acid reacts with base it forms salt and water, we can proceed to write the equation without memorizing. First we write down the reactants involved

HCl + NaOH=

Since HCl is an acid and NaOH is a base, we know that H2O will be one of the products so we can write it down as

HCl + NaOH = H2O

Now what I do is check the atoms of different elemnts in the reactants and take out 2 H and O. that leaves us Cl and Na. Now since, Na is a cation and Cl is an anion, the salt will be NaCl. so now we can write the whole equation as

HCl + NaOH =NaCl + H2O

I don't know if others will find it confusing but I prefer to do it this way instead of memorizing each and every equation.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani, Rajani K

HCl + NaOH =NaCl + H2O

When I was a school student I use to even memorize even simple equation like that. Now with the knowledge that when an acid reacts with base it forms salt and water, we can proceed to write the equation without memorizing. First we write down the reactants involved

HCl + NaOH=

Since HCl is an acid and NaOH is a base, we know that H2O will be one of the products so we can write it down as

HCl + NaOH = H2O

Now what I do is check the atoms of different elemnts in the reactants and take out 2 H and O. that leaves us Cl and Na. Now since, Na is a cation and Cl is an anion, the salt will be NaCl. so now we can write the whole equation as

HCl + NaOH =NaCl + H2O

I don't know if others will find it confusing but I prefer to do it this way instead of memorizing each and every equation.

I think there is a periodical chart to memorize it easily.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

HCl + NaOH =NaCl + H2O

HCl + NaOH=

HCl + NaOH = H2O

HCl + NaOH =NaCl + H2O

Now I start remembering those ionisation principles of electrolysis....
I really love them....also, organic chains and its formations....but never chemical reactions.... :evil: :evil:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.