Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Its good to see the points are back, probably a part of the recent changes made to the site!! I only hope that it brings out more quality threads rather than a flood of useless ones!!

Yes thats very true ! may be the admin should limit the number of threads one can start each day ...or the members themselves should keep a check on it !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Its good to see the points are back, probably a part of the recent changes made to the site!! I only hope that it brings out more quality threads rather than a flood of useless ones!!

It is certainly good to give points to the members who start the topic. It will motivate those members who are working hard to keep the forum active and interesting by starting new threads. But as you mentioned, it is likely to be misused. So, shouldn't the thread also go through some sort of approval like the way articles are done before being published? That way the quality will also be maintained and the members will also be motivated!

The points for starting new thread used to be there earlier as well, but it was very very widely misused, hence was taken off. But now has again started seeing there are more responsible members here. Again monitoring each thread would be a bit difficult but that can be undertaken.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes thats very true ! may be the admin should limit the number of threads one can start each day ...or the members themselves should keep a check on it !

That could be the solution, I hope Maverick considers this point, limiting the number of thread started each day! Good suggestion.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I have been writing new threads even without any points. Recently, I have got points on new threads. This is welcome.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

That could be the solution, I hope Maverick considers this point, limiting the number of thread started each day! Good suggestion.

But kalyani
How many starts are started here daily???
Only a few...isn't it?
I think no one will start more than 10-15 threads here, even if he gets points.
If his intention is just to gain points, he can reply threads which gives him 5 while starting a new thread can give only 5.
So, which one will a person select??? :huh: :huh:

Meera sandhu
I have been writing new threads even without any points. Recently, I have got points on new threads. This is welcome.

I am also happy sir.

actually, it needs more effort to start a new discussion than replying a thread. I believe so.

Even if points are not given, I will continue the job of thread initiating :)
It's just a non-selfish job, for which many people will get benefits

Meera sandhu

But kalyani
How many starts are started here daily???
Only a few...isn't it?
I think no one will start more than 10-15 threads here, even if he gets points.
If his intention is just to gain points, he can reply threads which gives him 5 while starting a new thread can give only 5.
So, which one will a person select??? :huh: :huh:

Even 2 points are worth than to have none. :blink:

But if someone ask me which is the best i would say replying is the best way to make points as to start new thread one has to generate ideas which is tough task. :blink:
That's why i told Sanjeev...
No one will start threads just to gain points.....

It will be helpful to persons like me, who put lot of effort to start many ideas here

Meera sandhu

Thanks Kalyani :) ! If the number of threads are limited more discussions will get responses as well ...I personally prefer responding rather than start too many discussion topics ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

That's why i told Sanjeev...
No one will start threads just to gain points.....

It will be helpful to persons like me, who put lot of effort to start many ideas here

But lately you are not putting those efforts. :laugh:

Start few threads. :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.