Till now, it's my most favourite Malayalam movie.....Nandanam released in 2002. Now also, when I see its climax, very often my eyes fill with tears and I could feel my hairs on hands are raising. (What is it called in English? :whistle: :dry: ).

Let me tell its story in brief.
The story is about a maid Balamani (played by Navya) who comes to Guruvayur and works in a home, only to see Guruvayur Krishna once. But, she couldn't able to go to that temple, even after a lot of attempts. She falls in love with Manu who comes to visit his grandmother, whom Balamani is taking care of. (It's Pritviraj's first movie). But his widow mother fix his marriage with a rich girl, without knowing the real matter. Balamani becomes angry with Krishna and says, she will never lit 'deepam' for him or visit Guruvayur temple. Years before, she lost both her parents in an accident when they were going to Guruvayoor temple.
A boy Unnikrishnan of about 25, who was staying abroad comes next door for leave. Both become friends. He even says everything in her mind and at last says, her desire will be fulfilled. But she never believes him.
But later, events take a twist and Pritviraj marries Navya by getting everyone's consent. They decide to go to Guruvayur Temple soon after marriage and before going there, She comes to meet her friend to say, as you have told, my marriage has happened. But she becomes surprised to see another person saying, I am Unni and I came yesterday only.
At that time only she understands the real truth.....it was Guruvayoorappan who came to comfort her when she was in distress. Also, no one else have seen him, only she.
Newly married couple go to Guruvayur temple at once and while they are praying, she could see her unnikannan going inside the temple, smiling at her. But Pritviraj can't see him even though she points towards him.
The film ends saying it may be real or just mad thoughts of that poor maid.

Enjoy this Krishna song.....though video is not clear
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nigH5R2Ex2E&feature=related

It's sure, if you see this film, you will visit Guruvayoor at least once. :) :)
Let me add one more thing.....K.S.Chitra sang all female versions of its Krishna songs and she became mother very soon after 15 years of her marriage. She named her 'Nandana'. Such a powerful movie. :) :) :)
But she lost her kid, 1.5 years before...just 1 day before Vishu.....strange co-incidence. Whole Kerala couldn't celebrate Vishu that year with happiness.

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Mine is "Jai Santoshi Maa" more due to its songs. If you have not seen then you must watch it for once at least. :)
Mine is "Jai Santoshi Maa" more due to its songs. If you have not seen then you must watch it for once at least. :)

I have seen that blockbuster years before

Meera sandhu
I liked the film 'Goswami Tulsi Das' in my childhood. This gives very nice description of life and work of Tulsi Das, author of Ram Charit Manas.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

In my childhood, I saw a Malayalam film, Amme Bhagavathi.....it's one of my most favourite devotional movies

Meera sandhu
Malayalam films and songs always have a classical touch, well reflection of culture and devotion.
But nowadays such films are not releasing. Its face is changing to upgrade itself to new fashion world

Meera sandhu
My most favourite devotional film is Velankanni and Anthoniar in Tamil

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
i think one devotional movie many time this is Jai Jai Santoshi Mata.I like this movie........
I like all mythological movies. I see them with interest. I love to know the story behind all myths.
I like all mythological movies. I see them with interest. I love to know the story behind all myths.

can you quote some of your favourites???

Meera sandhu
I saw a Kannada film when I was quite young called Sree srinivasa Kalyana , which starred Kannada superstar Rajkumar in the lead as Lord Vishnu and I like it to this day.It had the beautiful B.Saroja Devi in the lead as Goddess Lakshmi and I was totally mesmerised by her looks and acting ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.