Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
May be to get break in the industry they have to do some glamorous roles but once they prove their talent they just are recognised by theit acting skills. :)

So you are agreeing glamour is needed!!!!

Actually it's teh truth too. In a male oriented film industry, she has to do what man demands. Isn't it? Only a few ladies are strong enough to resist their decisions. :huh: :huh:

I remember Rani Mukherji and Kajol never compromised they got hit films due to their talent more than the glamour. :blink:

Then what about Rani Mukherjee's role in film with Shahid Kapoor.
What happened to Ash when she did Dhoom 2?

Talent does not differ from glamour. When role demands glamour, this is unavoidable. There is no contradiction between glamour and talent. It cannot be said that a glamorous actress is not talented.

If so, why 95% Malayalam actresses are not doing glamorous roles or wearing such costumes.....I am seeing them fully covered even if it's the role of a college girl :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: even for song picturisation. In National awards, Malayalam is getting a lot of top awards. That means, glamour is not the necessary substance to make a good film. Isn't it?
Even glamourous roles can be presented without vulgar, keeping in mind of family audience. Isn't it?

Meera sandhu
Now a days film are running just because of the glamour of the heroine.Story has no moral nothing.Yes heroine should have glamour to sustain in film industry.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Also I have seen films giving publicity about bikini roles of heroines. It's the latest trend of Bollywood.

Meera sandhu
May be to get break in the industry they have to do some glamorous roles but once they prove their talent they just are recognised by theit acting skills. :)

Actually it's teh truth too. In a male oriented film industry, she has to do what man demands. Isn't it? Only a few ladies are strong enough to resist their decisions. :huh: :huh:

I remember Rani Mukherji and Kajol never compromised they got hit films due to their talent more than the glamour. :blink:

Sometimes they do it with their own wish as they don't want to be typed as non glamourous actresses to remain in competition with other actresses. :blink:

Sometimes they do it with their own wish as they don't want to be typed as non glamourous actresses to remain in competition with other actresses. :blink:

No yaar...both of them have done those roles when they got treat from other actresses :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rani's films were flopping. To get attention from public, she did that song, giving publicity also.
Same is the case of Ash, just to prove, she is not aging.

Do you think Vidya Balan will do such roles now, never. She is well established now. So, no risk. She can do whatever she likes, never need to hear director's or producer's words. :evil: :evil:

Meera sandhu

No yaar...both of them have done those roles when they got treat from other actresses :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rani's films were flopping. To get attention from public, she did that song, giving publicity also.

Do you think Vidya Balan will do such roles now, never. She is well established now. So, no risk. She can do whatever she likes, never need to hear director's or producer's words. :evil: :evil:

Vidhya Balan is a great actress she is very talented she has proved it that she can be liked in any of the role she does.She was liked in Parinita where she was a simple Bengali girl and in the dirty where she was a glamorous actress I think she has nothing to prove that she is glamourous. :blink:

Vidhya Balan is a great actress she is very talented she has proved it that she can be liked in any of the role she does.She was liked in Parinita where she was a simple Bengali girl and in the dirty where she was a glamorous actress I think she has nothing to prove that she is glamourous. :blink:

that's what I told...in a male dominating film industry, if an actress has proved her talent and she has a lot of admirers, she has the right to choose her roles and costumes. Otherwise a big 'no' ....!!! Isn't it???
Here, heroines adjust themselves to the demanding situations. Isn't it???

but i have to tell you....malayalam film industry is entirely different.
Films of 60's, 70's and 80's can't be watched as a full family. Majority of Old song lyrics are filled with vulgar only, with some exceptions in 1980's. But with the rise of 90's, Malayalam film industry has seen a lot of transformations. Next two decades.....more than 95% films produced is targeted on family audience....but with the arise of new decade, the trend is now seen reversing.....Now many heroines are coming forward to do bold roles.

This year, when one Malayalam film was released in Summer vocation, 22 female from Kottayam (copied version of Ek haseena Thi). My brother and his family went to watch this movie from theatre. Later my sister-in-law told, at the interval, majority of family viewers left the theatre, who were carrying their kids also with them. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . It happened not in a Village theatre, but in the Capital city where the film was released.

Meera sandhu

that's what I told...in a male dominating film industry, if an actress has proved her talent and she has a lot of admirers, she has the right to choose her roles and costumes. Otherwise a big 'no' ....!!! Isn't it???
Here, heroines adjust themselves to the demanding situations. Isn't it???

but i have to tell you....malayalam film industry is entirely different.
Films of 60's, 70's and 80's can't be watched as a full family. Majority of Old song lyrics are filled with vulgar only, with some exceptions in 1980's. But with the rise of 90's, Malayalam film industry has seen a lot of transformations. Next two decades.....more than 95% films produced is targeted on family audience....but with the arise of new decade, the trend is now seen reversing.....Now many heroines are coming forward to do bold roles.

This year, when one Malayalam film was released in Summer vocation, 22 female from Kottayam (copied version of Ek haseena Thi). My brother and his family went to watch this movie from theatre. Later my sister-in-law told, at the interval, majority of family viewers left the theatre, who were carrying their kids also with them. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . It happened not in a Village theatre, but in the Capital city where the film was released.

But they must have checked the review and the trailor before going to the theater to watch this movie.I don't go to theater to watch a movie without knowing it if it is worth to see with family. :blink:
Ordinary people don't surf net to read reviews.
Normally, Malayalam movies are suited for family audience. so....

Meera sandhu
Ordinary people don't surf net to read reviews.
Normally, Malayalam movies are suited for family audience. so....

But they show it in newspaper and on TV no need to surf net for it.Moreover the story of the film itself gives us the hint about the movie. :blink:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.