The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
When we think of songs, we think of mohd. Rafi. Most of the duets were sung by Rafi and Lata. In fact, Lata and Rafi were ideal song partners. Kishor Kumar and Asha Bhonsle were similarly good partners.

No in reality Mohmd Rafi sung most of the duets with Asha Bhosle. :blink:

I love his songs few of my favourites songs in his voice are "bade Miya deewane","Aaj purani yaddon","Main zindagi ka saath","Tum Mujhe yoon bhula","Ehsan tera hooga","Isharo Isharo mein" and many more. :)

Yes...in fact Ashaji sang maximum duets with both these singers.
Lataji has sung maximum with Mukesh and Mahendra Kapoor.

4 years Lataji and Mohd.Rafi didn't sing together for a royalty problem. It's sure, Asha was most benefited with their quarrel :P

do you people know why this quarrel occurred???

Mohd. rafi was not bothered in Royalty. He would be satisfied to sing for remuneration per song. But lataji convinced rafi that he should accept royalty.

I don't think royalty is for singers. Only music directors and lyricists deserve Royalty.
It's the same case of a doctor who helps a lady during delivery. Without the help of a doctor, it's very difficult for a mother to deliver child. But after that, is there any doctor asking for royalty :laugh: :laugh: . Child belong to parents only though the doctor help them.

Same is the case of singers. Real parents of a song are music director and lyricist. Singer just helps to deliver the song, rendering their voice. So, full credits of a song go to the other two persons only, not the singer.

Even if I consider Lataji as Goddess Saraswathy, I disagree with her stand on royalty. I am with Rafi saab only in this matter.

Why should they not get if they deserve it ? and they did get it after Lata stood firm.In fact, Lata was instrumental in bringing about many changes like
getting the singers name on the credits which was earlier not the case.I admire her for being so courageous at a time when the film industry was completely dominated by men and only the top stars and composers got respect and adulation ....She changed all that. Rafi was a very gentle person and thought that standing firm on such issues would hurt others in the industry ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

When we think of songs, we think of mohd. Rafi. Most of the duets were sung by Rafi and Lata. In fact, Lata and Rafi were ideal song partners. Kishor Kumar and Asha Bhonsle were similarly good partners.

No in reality Mohmd Rafi sung most of the duets with Asha Bhosle. :blink:

I love his songs few of my favourites songs in his voice are "bade Miya deewane","Aaj purani yaddon","Main zindagi ka saath","Tum Mujhe yoon bhula","Ehsan tera hooga","Isharo Isharo mein" and many more. :)

Yes...in fact Ashaji sang maximum duets with both these singers.
Lataji has sung maximum with Mukesh and Mahendra Kapoor.

4 years Lataji and Mohd.Rafi didn't sing together for a royalty problem. It's sure, Asha was most benefited with their quarrel :P

do you people know why this quarrel occurred???

Mohd. rafi was not bothered in Royalty. He would be satisfied to sing for remuneration per song. But lataji convinced rafi that he should accept royalty.

I don't think royalty is for singers. Only music directors and lyricists deserve Royalty.
It's the same case of a doctor who helps a lady during delivery. Without the help of a doctor, it's very difficult for a mother to deliver child. But after that, is there any doctor asking for royalty :laugh: :laugh: . Child belong to parents only though the doctor help them.

Same is the case of singers. Real parents of a song are music director and lyricist. Singer just helps to deliver the song, rendering their voice. So, full credits of a song go to the other two persons only, not the singer.

Even if I consider Lataji as Goddess Saraswathy, I disagree with her stand on royalty. I am with Rafi saab only in this matter.

Why should they not get if they deserve it ? and they did get it after Lata stood firm.In fact, Lata was instrumental in bringing about many changes like
getting the singers name on the credits which was earlier not the case.I admire her for being so courageous at a time when the film industry was completely dominated by men and only the top stars and composers got respect and adulation ....She changed all that. Rafi was a very gentle person and thought that standing firm on such issues would hurt others in the industry ...

Some years back, Yesudas asked copyright of his songs. i.e. No singer can sing his song in concerts without his permission. No doubt, he has sung maximum Malayalam songs. Nothing happened, except a black mark in his career.

It's not a matter of male and female dominating factor.
When we hear a song, we just remember the actress and singer. Nothing else. Isn't it??? But the persons who have created, carved and finished that song are ignored completely. So singers are getting maximum credits from a song.

To create a new song, it requires a lot of creativity and efforts. A singer takes maximum 30 minutes to learn a song while it may take days for its creation!!!! It's true, songs are made immortal through singer's voice. But it doesn't mean, singers are its creators. Real credit goes to its composer and lyricist. It's to be the noted that all music directors are singers as well.

Meera sandhu
One of the greatest ever! A rare gift of God - he would be in the hearts of music-loving people of the world as long as music exists! I offer very profound respects to his memory on this occasion. Only last night I was listening to his brilliant song 'Aap ki pahloo mein aa kar ro dye' almost throwing me into a trance!
He was reigning the industry both 50's and 60's, till the arise of Kishore Kumar with Aradhana.
Among new singers, Sonu Nigam entered the industry with his singing in Rafi style. I have seen him in concerts singing Rafi songs best. It's true, no other singer could justify Rafi's voice except him.

Meera sandhu
Let me quote his best 10 solo songs with Shammi Kapoor....It's only a random selection. so i may miss some.

1. Tumne mujhe dekha......teesri manzil
2. Akele akele.........An evening in Paris
3. Ehsaan hoga.........Jungle
4. E Gulbadan...Professor
5. Badan pe sitare...Prince
6.Yeh chand sa...kashmir ki kali
7. Dil jke jaroke...Brahmachari
8. Yahoo......
9. Tum mujhe yoon......Pagla Kahi ka
10. Meri mohabbat.....jaanwar

I have quoted only his solo songs of my favourite.

Yahoo was later used to name the website 'Yahoo'.....So real credit goes to Bollywood. How many of you know that?????

Meera sandhu
August 14th the first Anniversary of Shammi Kapoor and it's not surprising ...we remember Rafi saab also at this occasion.

Meera sandhu
August 14th the first Anniversary of Shammi Kapoor and it's not surprising ...we remember Rafi saab also at this occasion.

Yes Mohd Rafi and Shammi Kapoor were made for each other. :)

Made for each other :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

If they see your post, it's sure, they will cry for your comments :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu

Made for each other :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

If they see your post, it's sure, they will cry for your comments :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not in real life but in reel life. :evil:
Most of shammi kapoor songs are sung by him.. so obviously they are made for each other... :)
No one can really bring realistic feel to the song as Mohd Rafi.. If he sings a song for a drunker we start imagining a drunker right before our eyes...such a mesmerizing voice..
I love the Rafi's song “tel malish' sung for Jonny Walker...
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.