Narcissum means being engrossed in oneself and one’s own doings and one’s own importance.It can be a dangerous trait when it reaches unhealthy levels..No doubt we all have this trait and within limits it is considered normal, but when it gets out of hand and when people want a lot of self importance it can spell trouble .... :dry:

Just came across this link to a Narcissistic Personality quiz ...could be very helpful and interesting to know about ourselves :) ...

http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/narcissistic.htm

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Its true that being essentially narcissistic means that one is trying to project self as overly intelligent and extraordinary and the trait has been a downfall of many people!

I am glad my score was 8 so not a worrying cause for me!!! :lol: The quiz is really interesting and everyone should take a go at it!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I suffered from this trait in my early twenties but later improved myself. Howsoever excellent you are and whatever be your quality, it is worthwhile to know that the world moved on well before your birth and will continue even when you are gone. we just select a role on world stage and when the role ends, we depart.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Its true that being essentially narcissistic means that one is trying to project self as overly intelligent and extraordinary and the trait has been a downfall of many people!

I am glad my score was 8 so not a worrying cause for me!!! :lol: The quiz is really interesting and everyone should take a go at it!!

8 is really good Kalyani ! I have still not gone through the entire quiz ...will have to sit and go through with it now....Narcissistic tendencies in some people is really amazing ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I suffered from this trait in my early twenties but later improved myself. Howsoever excellent you are and whatever be your quality, it is worthwhile to know that the world moved on well before your birth and will continue even when you are gone. we just select a role on world stage and when the role ends, we depart.

That's very true ! To a certain extent most teenagers and youngsters do have the leaning towards being Narcissistic ! probably to cover their own insecurities that is normal during those growing years !

I practice ego-bashing as an antidote to narcissism in my case! Anyway 'egotism' is the other name of narcissism - a morbid self-love. The more the world think less of me,the more this self-love - pushing oneself into a make-believe world!! :sick: :sick: :sick:
Everyone is narcissist to some extent. The introvert are more narcissist than the extroverts who interact more with others and think more about others and society than themselves.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I practice ego-bashing as an antidote to narcissism in my case! Anyway 'egotism' is the other name of narcissism - a morbid self-love. The more the world think less of me,the more this self-love - pushing oneself into a make-believe world!! :sick: :sick: :sick:

Yes that sums up the narcissistic personality.It also may be stemming out of a low esteem of oneself or an inferiority complex ...

8 is really good Kalyani ! I have still not gone through the entire quiz ...will have to sit and go through with it now....Narcissistic tendencies in some people is really amazing ...

Oh you should take that quiz, its very interesting and I found it amusing too. I used to take trainings on developing soft skills and I could relate with many of those traits well. We used to have fun labeling our team members with various personality traits and identify their potential, we used similar exercises!

So true, every one of has this quality to some extent but we should learn to handle it wisely or overgrow it in a mature way. When someone starts thinking they are indispensable, that is actually the moment they are on their way down!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Oh you should take that quiz, its very interesting and I found it amusing too. I used to take trainings on developing soft skills and I could relate with many of those traits well. We used to have fun labeling our team members with various personality traits and identify their potential, we used similar exercises!

I took it and it was great ! One has t be very very honest while taking it otherwise it doesn't really matter and I got a score of 11 :huh: , I guess not too bad, but there is scope for improvement :) ....Was that when you were working ? On boring days ,sometimes I give such personality tests to my students ,of course simpler ones to suit their age and they love it !!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.