Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Its true that being essentially narcissistic means that one is trying to project self as overly intelligent and extraordinary and the trait has been a downfall of many people!

I am glad my score was 8 so not a worrying cause for me!!! :lol: The quiz is really interesting and everyone should take a go at it!!

8 is really good Kalyani ! I have still not gone through the entire quiz ...will have to sit and go through with it now....Narcissistic tendencies in some people is really amazing ...

Oh you should take that quiz, its very interesting and I found it amusing too. I used to take trainings on developing soft skills and I could relate with many of those traits well. We used to have fun labeling our team members with various personality traits and identify their potential, we used similar exercises!

I took it and it was great ! One has t be very very honest while taking it otherwise it doesn't really matter and I got a score of 11 :huh: , I guess not too bad, but there is scope for improvement :) ....Was that when you were working ? On boring days ,sometimes I give such personality tests to my students ,of course simpler ones to suit their age and they love it !!

Oh you were a teacher?? Then 11 is actually appropriate fro you then! :) Yes I was working as a Team Leader in a BPO but quit after my son was born 4 years ago. The time we worked was very odd and continuing would have meant being away from him for more than 13 hours daily which I am against!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Its true that being essentially narcissistic means that one is trying to project self as overly intelligent and extraordinary and the trait has been a downfall of many people!

I am glad my score was 8 so not a worrying cause for me!!! :lol: The quiz is really interesting and everyone should take a go at it!!

8 is really good Kalyani ! I have still not gone through the entire quiz ...will have to sit and go through with it now....Narcissistic tendencies in some people is really amazing ...

Oh you should take that quiz, its very interesting and I found it amusing too. I used to take trainings on developing soft skills and I could relate with many of those traits well. We used to have fun labeling our team members with various personality traits and identify their potential, we used similar exercises!

I took it and it was great ! One has t be very very honest while taking it otherwise it doesn't really matter and I got a score of 11 :huh: , I guess not too bad, but there is scope for improvement :) ....Was that when you were working ? On boring days ,sometimes I give such personality tests to my students ,of course simpler ones to suit their age and they love it !!

Oh you were a teacher?? Then 11 is actually appropriate fro you then! :) Yes I was working as a Team Leader in a BPO but quit after my son was born 4 years ago. The time we worked was very odd and continuing would have meant being away from him for more than 13 hours daily which I am against!

I agree it is very crucial to be with the children when they are growing, that is the real joy of motherhood.Is that your son on your profile,he is adorable :) ...I am still teaching ! I had left it for sometime when we had to travel and nothing was certain , but once we came back here to Mangalore I have been working..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree it is very crucial to be with the children when they are growing, that is the real joy of motherhood.Is that your son on your profile,he is adorable :) ...I am still teaching ! I had left it for sometime when we had to travel and nothing was certain , but once we came back here to Mangalore I have been working..

Yes, that's my son Arnav when he was 7 and 1/2 months old, now he will be four on 31st October! :)
Its good that you are now able to teach again! What subjects do you teach?

Yes, that's my son Arnav when he was 7 and 1/2 months old, now he will be four on 31st October! :)

Arnav, thats a nice name ! why dont you put up some of his recent pictures ?...
I teach English,Economics and Social sciences for high school children in a government school in a nearby village as a daily wager ...Very few teachers want to work in village schools , so they have this system where they hire teachers...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I teach English,Economics and Social sciences for high school children in a government school in a nearby village as a daily wager ...Very few teachers want to work in village schools , so they have this system where they hire teachers...

Yes, will put up his recent pictures! :)

Well, that's nice, there should be more teachers like you we need around here ! :)

Well, that's nice, there should be more teachers like you we need around here ! :)

Frankly kalyani, I am having second thoughts about the whole thing ! I started out because the headmaster was known to us, but the kind of things that go on because of political interference even in a broken down village school is really too much to take in ! The local leaders use the school hall for all their functions and the school is closed during that time which is 6 -7 days in a month and n pay for us since we are not working...had to get this sorted out with the education dept and so many other hassles! It is just not worth it !

Frankly kalyani, I am having second thoughts about the whole thing ! I started out because the headmaster was known to us, but the kind of things that go on because of political interference even in a broken down village school is really too much to take in ! The local leaders use the school hall for all their functions and the school is closed during that time which is 6 -7 days in a month and n pay for us since we are not working...had to get this sorted out with the education dept and so many other hassles! It is just not worth it !

And I thought such malpractices happened mostly in Maharashtra but I guess where bureaucracy is involved we are all sailing in the same boat. I can imagine how hard it must be for you to do your work among such anarchy! :unsure:

I suffered from this trait in my early twenties but later improved myself. Howsoever excellent you are and whatever be your quality, it is worthwhile to know that the world moved on well before your birth and will continue even when you are gone. we just select a role on world stage and when the role ends, we depart.

So true, every one of has this quality to some extent but we should learn to handle it wisely or overgrow it in a mature way. When someone starts thinking they are indispensable, that is actually the moment they are on their way down!

So very true ! the story of the cock and the old woman....the problem with such people is their ego and an exaggerated sense of self importance which is actually laughable LOL :cheer: I wish they grow up and behave like mature individuals...

Narcissum means being engrossed in oneself and one’s own doings and one’s own importance.It can be a dangerous trait when it reaches unhealthy levels..No doubt we all have this trait and within limits it is considered normal, but when it gets out of hand and when people want a lot of self importance it can spell trouble .... :dry:

Just came across this link to a Narcissistic Personality quiz ...could be very helpful and interesting to know about ourselves :) ...

http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/narcissistic.htm

The link did not work for me,. Any how, i know about narcissism. If its more than a healthy level, he will be the embodiment of EGOISM. If its less, a man becomes pessimistic with low self esteem. I wonder if there is a link between 'Dictatorial qualities' and Narcissism.
Narcissum means being engrossed in oneself and one’s own doings and one’s own importance.It can be a dangerous trait when it reaches unhealthy levels..No doubt we all have this trait and within limits it is considered normal, but when it gets out of hand and when people want a lot of self importance it can spell trouble .... :dry:

Just came across this link to a Narcissistic Personality quiz ...could be very helpful and interesting to know about ourselves :) ...

http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/narcissistic.htm

The link did not work for me,. Any how, i know about narcissism. If its more than a healthy level, he will be the embodiment of EGOISM. If its less, a man becomes pessimistic with low self esteem. I wonder if there is a link between 'Dictatorial qualities' and Narcissism.

The link works perfectly, I just tried it...Egoism and narcissism are almost similar and I am sure one could also see dictatorial tendencies too when they feel that they are above others...

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.