There was a time when being a middle child was considered to be disadvantageous, however now studies have proved that it is no longer the case with many successful people being middle born...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2079636/Middle-children-MORE-successful-So-true-family.html

Practically speaking from my own experience , my son who is a middle child would always complain that he is neither here nor there LOL....please add your own views and experiences regarding this syndrome...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think everything depends on luck, standard of living and mentality of the person. No other facts can be placed forward to predict the future.
I agree that several factors determine how the children, especially the middle children fare in their lives ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It' s more of a generalization . In Indian context when one -child norm is being promoted and followed in a significant way no such place would at all exist for children of many families!!
I don't know if it's told so, "There was a time when being a middle child was considered to be disadvantageous, "

My husband's family....3 brothers, my husband being the youngest one.
In our family, middle chettan is not as successful as other two. It's said, he was the most intelligent among 3. Yet, somehow, he lost interest in his studies very soon.

Meera sandhu
I dont agree with the fact that middle child is more successful... as it all depends on affection, care and freedom parents give.. Some may give over care and affection, while some may not.. But middle child is most ignored one.. as mom is said to be more close to last child and father is said to be more close to elder one... ( in general)
I dont agree with the fact that middle child is more successful... as it all depends on affection, care and freedom parents give.. Some may give over care and affection, while some may not.. But middle child is most ignored one.. as mom is said to be more close to last child and father is said to be more close to elder one... ( in general)

Actually I don't think success depends on that number. It's only my personal opinion. I agree with you in that matter.

But my hubby says, middle brother got more affection in their childhood from both their parents :evil: :evil: :evil:

Meera sandhu
Generally speaking, the middle children get ignored and so grow up with a complex...that's how it was before when there was a large family, but with changed times and better parenting , that may not be the case now ...

Actually I don't think success depends on that number. It's only my personal opinion. I agree with you in that matter.

But my hubby says, middle brother got more affection in their childhood from both their parents :evil: :evil: :evil:

Affection will be there on all the three equally but what I am saying is if one has to prefer between three- dad goes for elder one and mom goes for last one.. its my own experience... ;) Middle once's are always like by grand parents or other rather than parents...
Generally speaking, the middle children get ignored and so grow up with a complex...that's how it was before when there was a large family, but with changed times and better parenting , that may not be the case now ...

But mostly the entire childhood which is considered to be very precious goes with complex and depression of being not like by parents...What's the use even the affection is give after they grow...?

Affection will be there on all the three equally but what I am saying is if one has to prefer between three- dad goes for elder one and mom goes for last one.. its my own experience... ;) Middle once's are always like by grand parents or other rather than parents...

So you are a dad's kid :) :) :) :)
Am I right?

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.