If we see old songs, they give importance to melody and they use 'ragas' to create magic. But as time moved forward, pace of songs are also seen increasing everyday. Though everyone say, they love melody most, we can't see it anywhere in present songs. Music directors say, they are creating music according to people's taste. If so who are really responsible for noisy songs of new generation? Why slow numbers lost their foot in the competition? B) Is it because every one want to move fast......same thing happened to music too? :S :S :S
what do you think?

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think, songs are most targeted for youngsters. They actually love more fun and dance. That may be the reason why melodies are gradually disappearing from the market!!

Meera sandhu
I think that the music directors are correct. I dislike present day music. If I go near mike or speaker. the high volume appears killing. I feel that if I want to commit suicide, the best way will be to go very near to speakers and listen high volume modern music.

Yesterday, while going home, I listened to janamashtmi function. I just avoided getting hear attack from such loud music.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes old melodies are just fabulous song they still touched our heart and nowadays most songs are full of fast music.I think people love to listen fast music.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Yesterday while I was watching Indian Idol, this idea strike my mind.........

I can't withstand new singers singing in loud voice giving less importance to melody.
I believe music is for ears and brain and not for eyes. It should be something pleasant giving us calm and positive feelings. It's true, fast music can break down our nervous system.

Meera sandhu
Yes old melodies are just fabulous song they still touched our heart and nowadays most songs are full of fast music.I think people love to listen fast music.

people include 'me' also Sharmishta.
Aren't we all responsible?

Meera sandhu

We are definitely responsible and also encourage them to make some more similar songs. The lyrics are also horrible for some songs which is simply intolerable to listen often... Music is said to have healing effects and maybe the composers think this type of music do have healing properties.??? ... :angry: However the influence of western music has brought this change.. But sometimes I do love some fast beat songs with good lyrics...

We are definitely responsible and also encourage them to make some more similar songs. The lyrics are also horrible for some songs which is simply intolerable to listen often... Music is said to have healing effects and maybe the composers think this type of music do have healing properties.??? ... :angry: However the influence of western music has brought this change.. But sometimes I do love some fast beat songs with good lyrics...

Yes, of course...what about Eena meene deeka of 50's and Chalti ka Naam gaadi....fast numbers. yet we love them

old films also have fast numbers.....but they didn't dominate the industry. That's the difference

Meera sandhu

Yes, of course...what about Eena meene deeka of 50's and Chalti ka Naam gaadi....fast numbers. yet we love them

old films also have fast numbers.....but they didn't dominate the industry. That's the difference

I think they ares till popular...as music directors are just remixing them with some pop or rap music... that's it..
Dum maro Dum, Bachana Hey Haseeno, Jana Tu Ya Jana Na.. etc are some examples.
Asha jee and R.D. has contributed a lot...
Yet they kept melody in fast numbers. that's why they are still alive in our hearts. Isn't it?

Meera sandhu

People includes all. There is diversity of liking. If many love fast music, nothing wrong. There is room for every like and dislike. Personally, I like neither very fast Bnangra type music nor classical songs. I just prefer meaningful and light music and songs. However I prefer funny and humorous songs like ' Tera Rang hai nasheela, ang ang hai Nasheela

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.