The topic is locked.
The Independence Day of India, celebrated on 15 August, is a holiday commemorating India's independence from the British rule and its birth as a sovereign nation on 15 August 1947. On this day we get freedom.But do you think, that freedom still exists?What your views about present India?

Sharmistha Banerjee
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
As a matter of fact, there was only transfer of power from white British to Colored Indians on 15th August 1947. As a result, Shri Raja Gopalachari became first Governor General of India. We were working according to British law till our own constitution was framed. We truly became independent when our constitution became operative and we became Republic of India.

There is still lot to do. But the destiny of India is with people of India. They are playing active role through parliamentary process. Thus , we are indeed independent.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
As a matter of fact, there was only transfer of power from white British to Colored Indians on 15th August 1947. As a result, Shri Raja Gopalachari became first Governor General of India. We were working according to British law till our own constitution was framed. We truly became independent when our constitution became operative and we became Republic of India.

There is still lot to do. But the destiny of India is with people of India. They are playing active role through parliamentary process. Thus , we are indeed independent.

Of course I agree with Gulshanji.....
In the past 60 years, we have seen a lot of positive changes.
In 1947, when India got independence, more than 60% people were under poverty line. Now condition has very much improved and our target should be 0%. People are getting good shelter and food comparing to the condition of India before 60 years. Also, people are more educated.
Population explosion is causing hindrance to the growth of country since man power is not used in an effective way. Also the politicians. Let us hope, these two factors will really improve in the coming years

Meera sandhu
India became freedom from only british now it is facing the ruling under own people. We all also want freedom from that people to have a honest India.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

India became freedom from only british now it is facing the ruling under own people. We all also want freedom from that people to have a honest India.

It's true.
It happened so only because we people allowed our politicians to do so :angry: :angry:

Meera sandhu
Yes this politicians are our people in the face of britishes. They are better than our politicians as they developed some what our country when considered with our politicians.

Actually, most of the transportation facilities were done by British before 60 years...not Indians.
Dams and bridges made by Indians won't stay there strong like British constructions.

Meera sandhu
The women are not safe outside their homes. My parents have to think twice before they let me go out. Is this what we call a free India where the citizens don't have the freedom of moving freely ?

Live in the present :)
Yes you are right now a days women is not having the safe to go outside. As romeos became more in this country it will be changed by having severe punishment like on spot death.

The women are not safe outside their homes. My parents have to think twice before they let me go out. Is this what we call a free India where the citizens don't have the freedom of moving freely ?

I think, some of the latest incidents made you to quote so. :( :( :( :(
Yes, i was also really surprised while reading such news .....last month.....

Meera sandhu
Yes you are right now a days women is not having the safe to go outside. As romeos became more in this country it will be changed by having severe punishment like on spot death.

As a girl I know what kinds of comments girls have to face daily. Severe punishment may help to curb the number of harassment cases. A number of cases are not even reported because of the fear of society and image. This needs to change!

Live in the present :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.