Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There was once a need for such reservations but now it is no longer the case, much like with caste-based reservations. Except for handicapped and blind people, there should be no reservations in any job that are based on caste, gender, etc. Women are well educated, hard workers and sincere in their attempts at anything and are now at par with men. They can perform any job they want to with equal expertise as her male counterparts, so there is no need of reservation.

There is lot of differences between caste and gender. Persons of backward and downtrodden live in different circumstances. But male and female live under same roof and are brought up by same parents. Why reservation for women? It will be better to change outlook and remove double standard that go against women.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I feel reservation is must for women, with reservation only people are not giving much value for women so without reservation it will be more horrible

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

It is not at all bad. It is good and done for the upliftment of females. In other countries, females are working at parity with males in each and every departments. In India women are considered as inferior and exploited mostly. The birth rate of female child is less compared to the death rate and population of males in India. This is one of the steps taken by the Government to remove backwardness. Female candidates are necessary in each and every departments. They are minority candidates.

It was started with a good intention no doubt, but does it really help them? What we need is an attitude change and that would automatically make women empowered .We see that most of the banking institutions esp the private banks are already dominated by ladies without there being a reservation ,except in nationalised banks...It is also a fact that women's reservation is being taken advantage of by the men who take control after getting the job done through women !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There was once a need for such reservations but now it is no longer the case, much like with caste-based reservations. Except for handicapped and blind people, there should be no reservations in any job that are based on caste, gender, etc. Women are well educated, hard workers and sincere in their attempts at anything and are now at par with men. They can perform any job they want to with equal expertise as her male counterparts, so there is no need of reservation.

I full agree with Kalyani that women need no reservations now. They have now emerged as another powerful section of the society and need no support to further climb up the ladder.

Live in the present :)

There is lot of differences between caste and gender. Persons of backward and downtrodden live in different circumstances. But male and female live under same roof and are brought up by same parents. Why reservation for women? It will be better to change outlook and remove double standard that go against women.

I understand the difference between caste and gender and exactly the way you pointed out, a man and a woman may live under the same roof, but does that mean the woman is really emancipated both in education and finance?? where the downtrodden live, there are women who are much more miserable than their male counterparts, so in that case, a woman should get reservation based on both her gender and her caste too! If you happen to have a maid working in your home, you will know what I mean!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I understand the difference between caste and gender and exactly the way you pointed out, a man and a woman may live under the same roof, but does that mean the woman is really emancipated both in education and finance?? where the downtrodden live, there are women who are much more miserable than their male counterparts, so in that case, a woman should get reservation based on both her gender and her caste too! If you happen to have a maid working in your home, you will know what I mean!

It is better to change outlook and double standard. The fact remains that boys and girls remain in same family. They are in same circumstances. If you do not change outlook and double standards, any reservation will not help.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It is better to change outlook and double standard. The fact remains that boys and girls remain in same family. They are in same circumstances. If you do not change outlook and double standards, any reservation will not help.

Where reservation is concerned, I agree with you, but it will take much more than mere changing of outlook, because even now in many families, girls are still meted out a different treatment than boys are, even in educated families.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

That is not entirely correct because I have seen that in many families the standards are different for boys and girls.A boy can do what he wants but a girl is supposed to behave in a certain manner ...I can go on about this,! it is the girl always at the receiving end.I have had to face criticism because my son used to cook since he loved to cook ,and my girls would do something else and relatives would ask me why this was happening? It is the same with regard to education in many families - if it is matter of choosing because of financial constraints , they would choose the son even if the daughter is more intelligent ...
But with all these factors, I still feel that reservations should be abolished because it is a hindrance to growth esp qualitative growth !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.