Durga puja is widely celebrated in Bengal.It is the main festival of Bengali's.People buy new clothes on this day.And now just only 47 days left for this puja.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Can you tell me the exact date when Durgashtami and mahanavami is celebrated
durga-puja-boston-2008-103.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

Meera sandhu
Durga puja is widely celebrated in Bengal.It is the main festival of Bengali's.People buy new clothes on this day.And now just only 47 days left for this puja.

Yes they like durga mata mostly than other gods they will do this festival as a function in their own house.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Durga astami is on 22nd october and navami is on 23rd october.As a bengali I eagerly wait for this festival.I used to celebrate this day with my family members and went to see the pandals of Kolkata every day of the puja.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Yes I am very excited and have started thinking about it. I will do lots of fun and pray to God for good and prosperous future.
Me too started planning where to go in which day.As I stay in Delhi I will come to Kolkata to celebrate it with my family.In fact I have completed my major shopping also.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Durga Puja festival is most biggest festival in specially Bengal.

In Maharashtra it also known as Navaratri.

Durga pujas are held around ten-days period.

Be positive
Durga astami is on 22nd october and navami is on 23rd october.As a bengali I eagerly wait for this festival.I used to celebrate this day with my family members and went to see the pandals of Kolkata every day of the puja.

At least this time, both calenders are same..... :S :S
We are also celebrating the same day....

Let me tell you one more thing....my daughter was born on mananavami 2007 and after 5 years, she is celebrating her birthday on Mananavami. Past 4 years, she missed it exactly by 1 month. Am really happy this time. :)

Meera sandhu
Yes I will be absent from 20th october to 28th october for the celebration of durga puja.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Yes I will be absent from 20th october to 28th october for the celebration of durga puja.

Your leave is granted(kidding) but back with some special bengali nadu.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
It is celebrated all over the country ,the name is different that's all.We call it Nava Ratri or nine nights here and Mysore Dasara is very famous ,,Lots of tourists visit the place and it gets jam packed during this season....Of course the celebrations have toned down these days becauase people dont have the time to celebrate for 9 days, but the last 2 days Ayudha Pooja and Vijaya Dashami are public holidays and celebrated in almost all households..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.