Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In that case we should abolish the opposition system from every where including politics. Every coin has two facets and each one is as important. This is discussion that brings the reality on surface, if a discussion starter has some thing for sure then what is the need of discussing it.
All we can have an 'aye aye' button.

Very well said! As you said, if there is no scope for disagreements then what is the point of discussions? In fact, I feel that only the discussions that is open to all point of views can become an interesting one and also beneficial for all participants

yes...by seeing the same topic through different angles......through different minds of different people, actually we are learning a lot and getting new ideas and views.

Meera sandhu
In that case we should abolish the opposition system from every where including politics. Every coin has two facets and each one is as important. This is discussion that brings the reality on surface, if a discussion starter has some thing for sure then what is the need of discussing it.
All we can have an 'aye aye' button.

Ha ha ha!! :laugh: Yes, providing such people with aye aye button should do it! but such people are really nothing but conversation killers!!!

Honestly I see a lot of them in that role - post one general cliched sentence and you have no way of taking the discussion further.I wish people would add only when they have something to contribute instead of posting simply to collect points !!! That is even worse than the over enthusiastic kind ... :dry:

yes, but then we do know those are not posted with the intention of carrying the discussion further! :lol:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

If a discussion can reach a conclusion agreeable to everyone, it's a perfect discussion. Since nothing in perfect in this world, we can just make it the best, though not perfect...thinking the same problem from both ends.

It is not possible to reach a conclusion all the time , since many things get added and many things remain unresolved ,,,It may not always be agreeable to everyone no matter how much one may discuss.But at the same time, we get to know all the different points of view ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Discussions on any topic is just to put forward our points. We all are different from each other and thus or thinking and ideology is also different. While discussing a particular topic, we generally put forward our way of thinking. We may answer in the favour or against the topic or we may be indifferent. It depends....

As long as there is some relevant matter in what we post it does not matter whether it is in favor,against or indifferent...We also should be open to others point of view to get the maximum benefit out of a discussion..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

If a discussion can reach a conclusion agreeable to everyone, it's a perfect discussion. Since nothing in perfect in this world, we can just make it the best, though not perfect...thinking the same problem from both ends.

It is not possible to reach a conclusion all the time , since many things get added and many things remain unresolved ,,,It may not always be agreeable to everyone no matter how much one may discuss.But at the same time, we get to know all the different points of view ...

Yes, that's why i told nothing is perfect :cheer:
Yet, if we are able to get some nice views from people of different ideas, then it can be called a nice discussion.
Also, if a person reads all other persons' views before posting a reply, thus maintaining a continuity of discussion, it's really worth to read even if no conclusions reached yet

Meera sandhu

In case we have reached to a conclusion on that discussion, then we should close or request to close that particular discussion to the chair thanking every one who participated, instead of going on further or keep repeating nothing in particular.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

a conclusion normally means an end to the conversation so it is not intended more often. But something like a group discussion, a conclusion is expected and desirable because that is the prescribed format of it. So first it is essential to understand what kind of conversation the initiator has intended there!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

In case we have reached to a conclusion on that discussion, then we should close or request to close that particular discussion to the chair thanking every one who participated, instead of going on further or keep repeating nothing in particular.

Yes that makes sense ! Once you have exhausted all the possibilities and added enough material it is better to close the thread and send it t archives ...Otherwise you keep getting meaningless one liners that only help in adding points ..

a conclusion normally means an end to the conversation so it is not intended more often. But something like a group discussion, a conclusion is expected and desirable because that is the prescribed format of it. So first it is essential to understand what kind of conversation the initiator has intended there!

Yes I agree with that ! I feel that with new members coming in and new ideas being developed , there is no conclusion to a discussion idea,unless of course it covers a very narrow range ..

Discussion should be open for all points. If the points are positive or negative then only discussion going in the correct direction. Purpose of discussion is to know the views of others.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.