Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I do not think if some one convinces others with his/her points is eligible to be called a winner. We are here to discuss not to pass a resolution of any kind. If some one has any thing to say should come forward. Others may or not may like those views but then what is the use of a discussion site if we find some one pressurizing to subscribe to his or her version of the views.

A discussion is only supposed to be putting forth your ideas and not trying to prove you are right, unless of course, its a kind of contest to convince others and make them accept your point of view!

Exactly my thoughts , we discuss so that we exchange ideas not to see who was right and who was wrong ! If that is the case then there is no need to discuss , simply call for majority votes and finish with it...I see a lot of cajoling done to make members agree to ones views, which is also wrong in a discussion that is fair and democratic ..

A discussion is all about putting forward respective views based on topicality,knowledge and conviction. Once all the participants agree to accept divergences and convergences are the most logical and natural things in such exercises, I don't find any problems. But it is trouble all the way when there are attempts to impose one's persona than his or her thoughts!!

That is exactly what a healthy give and take of ideas is all about, but what I find here is the reverse of it. It is especially disconcerting and irritating many times to find that in the midst of a good discussion, someone purposely starts an entirely different and personal discussion with one or two select users here and that puts a stop to the overall discussion that was originally taking place. That intruding discussion is also too persuasive and intrusive!

So what are you going to do with some one who is repeating himself to make you either come to terms or face the music??? :unsure: :unsure:

In spite of my having told that person my point of view, I would expect him or her to respect it, and if they still don't take the hint then they may very well go to %&*$ for all I care!! I am not one to waste my efforts on someone as thick-brained as that! :laugh: :evil:

I would like to replace %&*$ with heck- heck and heck . :evil: :evil:

He he ! I posted that a bit in a hurry, later on I realized I should have used Timbaktoo! :laugh:

Don't, there would be a Que formed out side your place, Timbuktu is a heck of a place to visit. :laugh: :laugh:

It really is although I had not been there but seen pics on net
https://www.google.co.in/search?q=timbuktu&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=1ClLUL_EG4TSrQfd5oGgDA&sqi=2&ved=0CDMQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=509

So have you been there too??? Is it really worth going at least once? :)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I do not think if some one convinces others with his/her points is eligible to be called a winner. We are here to discuss not to pass a resolution of any kind. If some one has any thing to say should come forward. Others may or not may like those views but then what is the use of a discussion site if we find some one pressurizing to subscribe to his or her version of the views.

A discussion is only supposed to be putting forth your ideas and not trying to prove you are right, unless of course, its a kind of contest to convince others and make them accept your point of view!

Exactly my thoughts , we discuss so that we exchange ideas not to see who was right and who was wrong ! If that is the case then there is no need to discuss , simply call for majority votes and finish with it...I see a lot of cajoling done to make members agree to ones views, which is also wrong in a discussion that is fair and democratic ..

A discussion is all about putting forward respective views based on topicality,knowledge and conviction. Once all the participants agree to accept divergences and convergences are the most logical and natural things in such exercises, I don't find any problems. But it is trouble all the way when there are attempts to impose one's persona than his or her thoughts!!

That is exactly what a healthy give and take of ideas is all about, but what I find here is the reverse of it. It is especially disconcerting and irritating many times to find that in the midst of a good discussion, someone purposely starts an entirely different and personal discussion with one or two select users here and that puts a stop to the overall discussion that was originally taking place. That intruding discussion is also too persuasive and intrusive!

So what are you going to do with some one who is repeating himself to make you either come to terms or face the music??? :unsure: :unsure:

In spite of my having told that person my point of view, I would expect him or her to respect it, and if they still don't take the hint then they may very well go to %&*$ for all I care!! I am not one to waste my efforts on someone as thick-brained as that! :laugh: :evil:

He he ! I posted that a bit in a hurry, later on I realized I should have used Timbaktoo! :laugh:

Don't, there would be a Que formed out side your place, Timbuktu is a heck of a place to visit. :laugh: :laugh:

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=timbuktu&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=1ClLUL_EG4TSrQfd5oGgDA&sqi=2&ved=0CDMQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=509

Wow!! Timbuktu is my next stop after Morocco!!! Now I should probably start using phrase 'go to Rwanda or India' instead of that! :evil: :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Wow!! Timbuktu is my next stop after Morocco!!! Now I should probably start using phrase 'go to Rwanda or India' instead of that! :evil: :laugh:

You think you would find any takers? :( :(

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You think you would find any takers? :( :(

None!! But then such thick-brained ought to be sent there!!! ;) at least figuratively!! :laugh:

I feel that the topic of 'perfect discussion' has been 'perfectly' discussed and there is nothing to add. I may reiterate that all have their own viewpoints. Let them discuss freely keeping in mind the Boddunan Forum guidelines.

I feel that now is the right time to close the discussion, as this is very perfect. This needs be locked.

Nothing would be more perfect than locking it!! Fatigue is showing up!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8699]}
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Timbaktu has the most amazing mosque structures build of mud and they are very unique....

Talking about discussions, I feel that even in class rooms , students understand better when they are given a scope to discuss matters with supervision instead of listening to boring lectures and teachings by the teacher. They understand the subject better since they are actively participating and contributing which is what is important in any discussion...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Timbaktu has the most amazing mosque structures build of mud and they are very unique....

Talking about discussions, I feel that even in class rooms , students understand better when they are given a scope to discuss matters with supervision instead of listening to boring lectures and teachings by the teacher. They understand the subject better since they are actively participating and contributing which is what is important in any discussion...

Yes, that is one aspect of discussion most fail to understand. Children must be encouraged and allowed to carry out a healthy exchange of ideas in order to understand the subject better! But our educational system does not believe in such ideas!

Yes, that is one aspect of discussion most fail to understand. Children must be encouraged and allowed to carry out a healthy exchange of ideas in order to understand the subject better! But our educational system does not believe in such ideas!

In some Central board schools this has been implemented , also in state board schools and they have found it very encouraging , with students attending such classes in larger numbers.Any practical experience is definitely better than theory ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Perfect discussion should have a plan.It should be meaningful.Before discussing we need to consult with other if this discussion is suitable or not.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Perfect discussion should have a plan.It should be meaningful.Before discussing we need to consult with other if this discussion is suitable or not.

Of course every discussion has a topic selected by the discussion starter which may or may not be meaningful since this is relative.However, it may not be practical to consult with others whether a discussion is suitable , for obvious reasons..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.