Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think we should wait for another week to see the changes to take place. I hope a new guideline is on the way with new team taking over.

Sure Sunil, I hope they streamline everything including the number of posts per day, so that only a certain number of posts each day get points and once you reach the limit you dont get any points, that will bring down one liners and spamming drastically...

Now that is really a nice suggestion which I hope the admin will seriously consider....

I am afraid that this suggestion would even be considered. While they are paying you extra awards for writing more in shape of member of the week and up to 10th position, why would they like to curtail the participation!! That doesn't help the sites interest and no other forums in the world restrict participation in any way.

I agree that restriction in the participation certainly doesn't help the site interest but spamming also doesn't do any good to the site. Often when I open certain thread to read the posts, thinking that it might be interesting, I find that personal talks/ personal jokes etc is going on. If it is restricted to few posts than there is no problem. But at times such personal discussion extends to even three four pages. Frankly speaking, apart from those concerned members, I don't think other members or the visiting guest are interested in going through those posts and would not bother to open that thread again. So I believe that if the suggestion of awarding points to only certain number of post each day, those indulging in such talks for only points will automatically reduce and the quality of forum participation will improve.
I think we should wait for another week to see the changes to take place. I hope a new guideline is on the way with new team taking over.

Sure Sunil, I hope they streamline everything including the number of posts per day, so that only a certain number of posts each day get points and once you reach the limit you dont get any points, that will bring down one liners and spamming drastically...

Now that is really a nice suggestion which I hope the admin will seriously consider....

I am afraid that this suggestion would even be considered. While they are paying you extra awards for writing more in shape of member of the week and up to 10th position, why would they like to curtail the participation!! That doesn't help the sites interest and no other forums in the world restrict participation in any way.

I agree that restriction in the participation certainly doesn't help the site interest but spamming also doesn't do any good to the site. Often when I open certain thread to read the posts, thinking that it might be interesting, I find that personal talks/ personal jokes etc is going on. If it is restricted to few posts than there is no problem. But at times such personal discussion extends to even three four pages. Frankly speaking, apart from those concerned members, I don't think other members or the visiting guest are interested in going through those posts and would not bother to open that thread again. So I believe that if the suggestion of awarding points to only certain number of post each day, those indulging in such talks for only points will automatically reduce and the quality of forum participation will improve.

Thats exactly what I feel jabeen, many a times I find that there is no thread where I can post because there is a personal discussion going on in full swing where everything else except the topic of discussion is being discussed.In fact a couple of times when I tried to join in and express some views , I was told that it was not for me, but for someone else...So, now I am forced to stay far from most discussions, am hoping that the coming weeks will see some positive changes here...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thats exactly what I feel jabeen, many a times I find that there is no thread where I can post because there is a personal discussion going on in full swing where everything else except the topic of discussion is being discussed.In fact a couple of times when I tried to join in and express some views , I was told that it was not for me, but for someone else...So, now I am forced to stay far from most discussions, am hoping that the coming weeks will see some positive changes here...

Discussion on forum is common to all. This cannot be personal for some body. If this is personal, concerned member could better send PM instead of writing in forum. I suggest that if you find any such thing, just report to moderator using the button. This button works even if there are no moderators now.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I just did a thorough survey of sites as how the site is doing in SE, I was amazed to see that site has most visitors from India only and the ranks in all SE were good to better. The reports were okay.. Besides this is admin's out look as he has to see to it that what is good or worth for his site. Also we are expecting a new team to handle the matters from 10th onward.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

That is a suggestion definitely worth considering!! I like it!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

This type of discussion does keep many of us away from replying to those threads and carrying the original and intended discussion further. But like Gulshan has pointed out, such discussions can be reported and such posts be deleted! A couple of posts of personal nature is of no greater consequence, but if such posts carry on for multiple pages, then we SHOULD treat them as spam!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

This type of discussion does keep many of us away from replying to those threads and carrying the original and intended discussion further. But like Gulshan has pointed out, such discussions can be reported and such posts be deleted! A couple of posts of personal nature is of no greater consequence, but if such posts carry on for multiple pages, then we SHOULD treat them as spam!

six days to go, the count down has begun- 6-5-4-3-2-1

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

No this should not be the approach as every one has his/her own style of thinking and we should not feel bad if someone does not agree with us though discussion looks much better when there are people who agree and disagree both. :)

Discussion on forum is common to all. This cannot be personal for some body. If this is personal, concerned member could better send PM instead of writing in forum. I suggest that if you find any such thing, just report to moderator using the button. This button works even if there are no moderators now.

I agree with that and also understand that there is a category for fun and frolic - humor and jokes where people can post what they want...By the way, I thought we were free to discuss here and if others find such discussions fine why should I be the one to press the button and spoil the fun...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Exactlly, but no one does anything about it...When we discuss it is but natural that we stray from the discussion topic to a related issue which happens all the time, but as you say when it goes on and on...

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.