Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I do not think if some one convinces others with his/her points is eligible to be called a winner. We are here to discuss not to pass a resolution of any kind. If some one has any thing to say should come forward. Others may or not may like those views but then what is the use of a discussion site if we find some one pressurizing to subscribe to his or her version of the views.

A discussion is only supposed to be putting forth your ideas and not trying to prove you are right, unless of course, its a kind of contest to convince others and make them accept your point of view!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I do not think if some one convinces others with his/her points is eligible to be called a winner. We are here to discuss not to pass a resolution of any kind. If some one has any thing to say should come forward. Others may or not may like those views but then what is the use of a discussion site if we find some one pressurizing to subscribe to his or her version of the views.

Forum discussions differ from parliamentary and corporate discussions. The forum discussions are only for sharing views and not for any action. There is no question of pressure. Each one should freely express views independently even if others disagree. It cannot be said that the minority view is inferior any way.

That exactly is the point sir, I am here for my bit of ideas if I find any thing to add. There is no need to take me seriously if you do not find it to your choice. I have done my job, now that is up to you to accept it or reject it. That is not my choice nor intention.

Happily here our discussion is on net and not face to face. These days, all are busy and nobody discusses anything in streets. But I remember that when I was class X student, one of my father's' friend died of heart attack as he was emotionally charged too much in a discussion about parliamentary elections. I am against such heated discussions. all should be cool headed and just give their view point and not make this a prestige issue.

OMG!! He must have been so charged and worked up!! That is sad indeed!

But yes, when there is a controversial topic being discussed, one needs to keep his head cool and not get ticked off when someone is trying to prove him wrong. If such people meet face-to-face, there probably would be fisticuffs to resolve the matter! Thankfully all we can do here is use the Angry smiley!!! :lol:

A discussion is only supposed to be putting forth your ideas and not trying to prove you are right, unless of course, its a kind of contest to convince others and make them accept your point of view!

Exactly my thoughts , we discuss so that we exchange ideas not to see who was right and who was wrong ! If that is the case then there is no need to discuss , simply call for majority votes and finish with it...I see a lot of cajoling done to make members agree to ones views, which is also wrong in a discussion that is fair and democratic ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Forum discussions differ from parliamentary and corporate discussions. The forum discussions are only for sharing views and not for any action. There is no question of pressure. Each one should freely express views independently even if others disagree. It cannot be said that the minority view is inferior any way.

That exactly is the point sir, I am here for my bit of ideas if I find any thing to add. There is no need to take me seriously if you do not find it to your choice. I have done my job, now that is up to you to accept it or reject it. That is not my choice nor intention.

Happily here our discussion is on net and not face to face. These days, all are busy and nobody discusses anything in streets. But I remember that when I was class X student, one of my father's' friend died of heart attack as he was emotionally charged too much in a discussion about parliamentary elections. I am against such heated discussions. all should be cool headed and just give their view point and not make this a prestige issue.

OMG!! He must have been so charged and worked up!! That is sad indeed!

But yes, when there is a controversial topic being discussed, one needs to keep his head cool and not get ticked off when someone is trying to prove him wrong. If such people meet face-to-face, there probably would be fisticuffs to resolve the matter! Thankfully all we can do here is use the Angry smiley!!! :lol:

I must thank my stars that I am not addressing such a gathering in my real life discussions else I would have stayed in ICUs of different cities of the country. After all I had to attend a seminar or gathering almost every week.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Exactly my thoughts , we discuss so that we exchange ideas not to see who was right and who was wrong ! If that is the case then there is no need to discuss , simply call for majority votes and finish with it...I see a lot of cajoling done to make members agree to ones views, which is also wrong in a discussion that is fair and democratic ..

A discussion is all about putting forward respective views based on topicality,knowledge and conviction. Once all the participants agree to accept divergences and convergences are the most logical and natural things in such exercises, I don't find any problems. But it is trouble all the way when there are attempts to impose one's persona than his or her thoughts!!
Thank you said by: Arun Jain

A discussion is all about putting forward respective views based on topicality,knowledge and conviction. Once all the participants agree to accept divergences and convergences are the most logical and natural things in such exercises, I don't find any problems. But it is trouble all the way when there are attempts to impose one's persona than his or her thoughts!!

True, but it happens all the time when the topic starter wants everyone to agree with their topic or views expressed by them...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

True, but it happens all the time when the topic starter wants everyone to agree with their topic or views expressed by them...

That makes that person a poor moderator and mars the entire exercise. No person with preconceived notions and ideas can conduct a discussion with success.

That is also wrong, especially trying to make others side with you against someone who has ideas opposing your own! I think, more than anything else it is the ego issues at work here! The moment someone voices something that is not line with your ideas, your ego is easily hurt! Something like that!

That is exactly what a healthy give and take of ideas is all about, but what I find here is the reverse of it. It is especially disconcerting and irritating many times to find that in the midst of a good discussion, someone purposely starts an entirely different and personal discussion with one or two select users here and that puts a stop to the overall discussion that was originally taking place. That intruding discussion is also too persuasive and intrusive!

That is exactly what a healthy give and take of ideas is all about, but what I find here is the reverse of it. It is especially disconcerting and irritating many times to find that in the midst of a good discussion, someone purposely starts an entirely different and personal discussion with one or two select users here and that puts a stop to the overall discussion that was originally taking place. That intruding discussion is also too persuasive and intrusive!

So what are you going to do with some one who is repeating himself to make you either come to terms or face the music??? :unsure: :unsure:

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.