Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I do not think if some one convinces others with his/her points is eligible to be called a winner. We are here to discuss not to pass a resolution of any kind. If some one has any thing to say should come forward. Others may or not may like those views but then what is the use of a discussion site if we find some one pressurizing to subscribe to his or her version of the views.

A discussion is only supposed to be putting forth your ideas and not trying to prove you are right, unless of course, its a kind of contest to convince others and make them accept your point of view!

Exactly my thoughts , we discuss so that we exchange ideas not to see who was right and who was wrong ! If that is the case then there is no need to discuss , simply call for majority votes and finish with it...I see a lot of cajoling done to make members agree to ones views, which is also wrong in a discussion that is fair and democratic ..

A discussion is all about putting forward respective views based on topicality,knowledge and conviction. Once all the participants agree to accept divergences and convergences are the most logical and natural things in such exercises, I don't find any problems. But it is trouble all the way when there are attempts to impose one's persona than his or her thoughts!!

That is exactly what a healthy give and take of ideas is all about, but what I find here is the reverse of it. It is especially disconcerting and irritating many times to find that in the midst of a good discussion, someone purposely starts an entirely different and personal discussion with one or two select users here and that puts a stop to the overall discussion that was originally taking place. That intruding discussion is also too persuasive and intrusive!

So what are you going to do with some one who is repeating himself to make you either come to terms or face the music??? :unsure: :unsure:

In spite of my having told that person my point of view, I would expect him or her to respect it, and if they still don't take the hint then they may very well go to %&*$ for all I care!! I am not one to waste my efforts on someone as thick-brained as that! :laugh: :evil:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I feel that the topic of 'perfect discussion' has been 'perfectly' discussed and there is nothing to add. I may reiterate that all have their own viewpoints. Let them discuss freely keeping in mind the Boddunan Forum guidelines.

I feel that now is the right time to close the discussion, as this is very perfect. This needs be locked.
36_1_5_2012-09-08.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I do not think if some one convinces others with his/her points is eligible to be called a winner. We are here to discuss not to pass a resolution of any kind. If some one has any thing to say should come forward. Others may or not may like those views but then what is the use of a discussion site if we find some one pressurizing to subscribe to his or her version of the views.

A discussion is only supposed to be putting forth your ideas and not trying to prove you are right, unless of course, its a kind of contest to convince others and make them accept your point of view!

Exactly my thoughts , we discuss so that we exchange ideas not to see who was right and who was wrong ! If that is the case then there is no need to discuss , simply call for majority votes and finish with it...I see a lot of cajoling done to make members agree to ones views, which is also wrong in a discussion that is fair and democratic ..

A discussion is all about putting forward respective views based on topicality,knowledge and conviction. Once all the participants agree to accept divergences and convergences are the most logical and natural things in such exercises, I don't find any problems. But it is trouble all the way when there are attempts to impose one's persona than his or her thoughts!!

That is exactly what a healthy give and take of ideas is all about, but what I find here is the reverse of it. It is especially disconcerting and irritating many times to find that in the midst of a good discussion, someone purposely starts an entirely different and personal discussion with one or two select users here and that puts a stop to the overall discussion that was originally taking place. That intruding discussion is also too persuasive and intrusive!

So what are you going to do with some one who is repeating himself to make you either come to terms or face the music??? :unsure: :unsure:

In spite of my having told that person my point of view, I would expect him or her to respect it, and if they still don't take the hint then they may very well go to %&*$ for all I care!! I am not one to waste my efforts on someone as thick-brained as that! :laugh: :evil:

Thats true, the only thing one can hope is that members themselves use their discretion and post what is relevant.This can happen only when there are strict rules and regulations in place...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I would like to replace %&*$ with heck- heck and heck . :evil: :evil:

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

True, but it happens all the time when the topic starter wants everyone to agree with their topic or views expressed by them...

That makes that person a poor moderator and mars the entire exercise. No person with preconceived notions and ideas can conduct a discussion with success.

True ! One should be open to new ideas and new perspectives ....The topic starter also has the responsibility of bringing discussion back to track when it goes out of gear ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Perfect discussion should have point.It must discuss about the negative and positive aspects.And in the discussion every body's view should be noted.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Perfect discussion should have point.It must discuss about the negative and positive aspects.And in the discussion every body's view should be noted.

Yes thats how a good discussion should be instead of being one sided ..

He he ! I posted that a bit in a hurry, later on I realized I should have used Timbaktoo! :laugh:

He he ! I posted that a bit in a hurry, later on I realized I should have used Timbaktoo! :laugh:

Don't, there would be a Que formed out side your place, Timbuktu is a heck of a place to visit. :laugh: :laugh:

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Don't, there would be a Que formed out side your place, Timbuktu is a heck of a place to visit. :laugh: :laugh:

So have you been there too??? Is it really worth going at least once? :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.