First of all, I apologize for starting the previous topic without actually phrasing it properly
I shall make my question more specific and really looking forward to get opinions

Below is a conversation of two friends

A : One shall never choose marketing or other business major for their degree.
B : Why?
A : Because it s a skill its not a knowledge, its something that you can actually learn faster when you are in a work force.
B : Are you suggesting if someone is to choose marketing for his major in his degree he shall rather start working instead?
A : Yes, if you are working as a marketing related position, you will actually learn more than taking it as your degree

They then started to debate for a while, I guess there is no need to list down their latter conversation

Do you agree with A or B
if you agree with A, in what other fields do you actually think its the same case
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I agree with A despite having marketing as my major in my degree and I would say some of the boys who started as mechanics are better automobile engineers than degree holder engineers. Same is true for almost any profession that needs practical knowledge more than bookish. At the same time such self made professionals may not know some of the finer points of the trade, which come by studying them in a proper manner.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Nothing could be substitute for a well-rounded education. There are certain branches of knowledge which rightly lay greater importance on the applied aspects but there has to be a right balance between theory and practice. It's true some mechanics hold apparent superiority on the strength of their wide experience but that doesn't dispense with the need for acquiring in- depth knowledge about his craft through knowledge.
You have done a small mistake Todd...
You could have corrected the thread heading and contents by editing ......

Now two threads floating with same idea....

Can you please request admin to lock the previous one, if you think, this one is the best to continue our discussion?

Meera sandhu
First of all, I apologize for starting the previous topic without actually phrasing it properly
I shall make my question more specific and really looking forward to get opinions

A : Because it s a skill its not a knowledge, its something that you can actually learn faster when you are in a work force.
B : Are you suggesting if someone is to choose marketing for his major in his degree he shall rather start working instead?
A : Yes, if you are working as a marketing related position, you will actually learn more than taking it as your degree

They then started to debate for a while, I guess there is no need to list down their latter conversation

Do you agree with A or B
if you agree with A, in what other fields do you actually think its the same case

I too agree that marketing is a skill that needs to be developed and also related to personalities.Some people can never market well since they do not have the required personality and attitude for convincing and closing an order.But having said that one should also have product knowledge and other related facts before one takes up a marketing job, it is not easy as most people tend to think...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree with A despite having marketing as my major in my degree and I would say some of the boys who started as mechanics are better automobile engineers than degree holder engineers. Same is true for almost any profession that needs practical knowledge more than bookish. At the same time such self made professionals may not know some of the finer points of the trade, which come by studying them in a proper manner.

Do you agree with A or B

I too agree that marketing is a skill that needs to be developed and also related to personalities.Some people can never market well since they do not have the required personality and attitude for convincing and closing an order.But having said that one should also have product knowledge and other related facts before one takes up a marketing job, it is not easy as most people tend to think...

I see, but somehow employers tend to hire those with skills with low salary
while those with certificate but somehow without skills and much experiences with high salary :ohmy:
Does it mean we shall actually stop all the universities from offering certain courses? :dry:

*Usha you havent completed your sentence yet? "as most people tend to think..."
Nothing could be substitute for a well-rounded education. There are certain branches of knowledge which rightly lay greater importance on the applied aspects but there has to be a right balance between theory and practice. It's true some mechanics hold apparent superiority on the strength of their wide experience but that doesn't dispense with the need for acquiring in- depth knowledge about his craft through knowledge.

Hi Chinmoy
I actually agree with you but I think it s not applicable on all the courses
Some of the courses I think shall never be conducted
Also
I learned a new word from you "Dispense" thanks :lol:
Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee

Can you please request admin to lock the previous one, if you think, this one is the best to continue our discussion?

Hi Sandhya
Awh how stupid I am and I am sorry about that
When you say admin you mean maverick?
If he is the one I will ask him to delete the posts instead of locking it
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

Hi Chinmoy
I actually agree with you but I think it s not applicable on all the courses
Some of the courses I think shall never be conducted
Also
I learned a new word from you "Dispense" thanks :lol:

Hi Todd

I have not suggested it for all courses as my post would make it clear. What I emphasized is right stress on both the subjective as well as objective aspects of any branch of knowledge. For instance, one can not expect an efficient performance from an engineer who is not exposed to extensive objective studies of engineering. And in this instance,objective part should receive greater consideration. That's all about it! :P

Hi Sandhya
Awh how stupid I am and I am sorry about that
When you say admin you mean maverick?
If he is the one I will ask him to delete the posts instead of locking it

Just report it to admin giving the thread link and reason. He will lock the first one. (Give that thread link)

Meera sandhu

Do you agree with A or B

I see, but somehow employers tend to hire those with skills with low salary
while those with certificate but somehow without skills and much experiences with high salary :ohmy:
Does it mean we shall actually stop all the universities from offering certain courses? :dry:

*Usha you havent completed your sentence yet? "as most people tend to think..."

Sorry :) I guess I just left it to trail off...What I meant to say was that most people tend to think that sales job is an easy one, which is definitely not the case.It needs a lot of skill esp communication and also an insight into the customer behavior and as I have already mentioned a lot of product knowledge.
Hiring those with skills may happen at the beginning but once you prove your worth, if you are really good at your job, I am sure that they wold be compensated accordingly ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.