Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I agree with A despite having marketing as my major in my degree and I would say some of the boys who started as mechanics are better automobile engineers than degree holder engineers. Same is true for almost any profession that needs practical knowledge more than bookish. At the same time such self made professionals may not know some of the finer points of the trade, which come by studying them in a proper manner.

First of all, I apologize for starting the previous topic without actually phrasing it properly
I shall make my question more specific and really looking forward to get opinions

Below is a conversation of two friends

A : One shall never choose marketing or other business major for their degree.
B : Why?
A : Because it s a skill its not a knowledge, its something that you can actually learn faster when you are in a work force.
B : Are you suggesting if someone is to choose marketing for his major in his degree he shall rather start working instead?
A : Yes, if you are working as a marketing related position, you will actually learn more than taking it as your degree

They then started to debate for a while, I guess there is no need to list down their latter conversation

Do you agree with A or B
if you agree with A, in what other fields do you actually think its the same case

I too agree that marketing is a skill that needs to be developed and also related to personalities.Some people can never market well since they do not have the required personality and attitude for convincing and closing an order.But having said that one should also have product knowledge and other related facts before one takes up a marketing job, it is not easy as most people tend to think...

I see, but somehow employers tend to hire those with skills with low salary
while those with certificate but somehow without skills and much experiences with high salary :ohmy:
Does it mean we shall actually stop all the universities from offering certain courses? :dry:

*Usha you havent completed your sentence yet? "as most people tend to think..."

Both "skilled uneducated" and "unskilled educated" formally would exist. I remember a project engineer on a site, who knew nothing but had a degree would sit and read news papers while skilled supervisors would go ask him lot of questions and laugh on his silly answers.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Education is necessary in every field.But beside education it is also needed to have work experience.Now a days where ever we go for the job they first ask us that we have any experience about work.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Just to give a simple example , there is a saying that an old patient is more knowledgeable than a new doctor.What ultimately matters is how well you utilise your education and knowledge to develop your skills, some do it with even basic knowledge and become even better than those who may have a mile long degrees !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree more with B. But A is also correct to a large extent. Experience will give you skill. But you also need paper certificates in interviews. Educational and professional qualifications are necessary for advancement in your career even if these are mere decoration. In many cases, a formal qualification is mandatory.

Let me give an example. A clerk attached to an advocate may learn all the skill and be better than a professionally qualified lawyer. But in spite of his excellent knowledge and skill, he will not get opportunity for the post of judge or Tribunal member. He may not even represent any one in court in his own name.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree more with B. But A is also correct to a large extent. Experience will give you skill. But you also need paper certificates in interviews. Educational and professional qualifications are necessary for advancement in your career even if these are mere decoration. In many cases, a formal qualification is mandatory.

Let me give an example. A clerk attached to an advocate may learn all the skill and be better than a professionally qualified lawyer. But in spite of his excellent knowledge and skill, he will not get opportunity for the post of judge or Tribunal member. He may not even represent any one in court in his own name.

Government of India has decided to issue certificate to the skilled labor/workers in two categories. Human resources ministry will issue RPL-1 and RPL-2 to such workers according to their knowledge and ability to read and write besides their skills. They shall be paid as much as degree holders on the basis of such certificates and eligible to apply for jobs.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Government of India has decided to issue certificate to the skilled labor/workers in two categories. Human resources ministry will issue RPL-1 and RPL-2 to such workers according to their knowledge and ability to read and write besides their skills. They shall be paid as much as degree holders on the basis of such certificates and eligible to apply for jobs.

The government move underlines importance of some form of formal education and certificates. Let me add some thing more. In Bank and many government departments, you need to qualify some formal examinations for getting promotion. It cannot be said that those who cannot pass are less knowledgeable. Father of my one friend used to tell that he can well manage the higher post if promoted but he lacked talent to qualify in exam. Hence, he was not promoted. Personally, I know that I cannot be successful in marketing career. But there will be no difficulty in passing exam.
hindustan.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The government move underlines importance of some form of formal education and certificates. Let me add some thing more. In Bank and many government departments, you need to qualify some formal examinations for getting promotion. It cannot be said that those who cannot pass are less knowledgeable. Father of my one friend used to tell that he can well manage the higher post if promoted but he lacked talent to qualify in exam. Hence, he was not promoted. Personally, I know that I cannot be successful in marketing career. But there will be no difficulty in passing exam.

Please check the news in today's paper. I hope you can read Hindi as I did not check English papers today so I am providing this especially. Look between the black borders please.

Sorry but picture did not go in despite my 2 efforts.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8711]}

Education is necessary in every field.But beside education it is also needed to have work experience.Now a days where ever we go for the job they first ask us that we have any experience about work.

Very true, in fact in many private concerns esp in multinational companies they do not mind any kind of work experience, need not be related to the specific work field.My nephew who had done his Engineering in information science , worked with a NGO just to gain some work experience and has been very well placed by a multinational company because they liked his profile which showed an aptitude for other interests in life as well ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree with A. This is applicable in the fashion and modeling also. It is related with skill, talent of beauty.
Hi all
I just back from my trip
Was unable to access to internet
Sorry for late reply :pinch:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.