Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I agree more with B. But A is also correct to a large extent. Experience will give you skill. But you also need paper certificates in interviews. Educational and professional qualifications are necessary for advancement in your career even if these are mere decoration. In many cases, a formal qualification is mandatory.

Let me give an example. A clerk attached to an advocate may learn all the skill and be better than a professionally qualified lawyer. But in spite of his excellent knowledge and skill, he will not get opportunity for the post of judge or Tribunal member. He may not even represent any one in court in his own name.

And are not we supposed to change this?
someone who is more knowledgeable having a lower position instead of those who is less knowledgeable?
Also, those with certificates might not really have the knowledge (I actually typed knowledges and there is no such word?!?!)
I have friends who merely passed their papers and most of the marks they got are mostly internal marks(assignments etc)
Most of their assignments they either find someone to help them with or copy others

An ideal scenario would be a person possessing more skills, capability,knowledge should be on a higher position. But there will be always some exception in real life. As to your concern that there are people who obtain certificates without possessing any knowledge, definitely there are cases like that. However, such certificates only make them eligible for certain jobs. When it comes to actual selection, the employer always depends on various methods of selection to ensure that only suitable person is selected for the job. After all it is a matter of investment.
To get a good job we need to have education.Good qualification will fetch us a good job.But now a days it has become essential to have knowledge about the work.One must have experience of the work for which they are being recruited.

Sharmistha Banerjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.