It happens with many people ! They are unable to let go and move on with their lives when they have had some unpleasant experiences in life .I personally feel that they are making it difficult for everyone around them by remaining morose and carrying the past burden on their shoulder all their life.I feel that one should move on in life instead of remaining in the past...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I totally agree. We must live in present. It is no use carrying on shoulders bitter past memories. The failures and unpleasant events in past may be good guide for future. but these must not be an obstacle to pleasant living and future hopes.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes one should obviously keep moving but if he has lost his love, it is very difficult to say how quickly he will recover from mourning. Loss of love hits our heart. Physical injury is tolerable and not the mental injury.
I totally agree. We must live in present. It is no use carrying on shoulders bitter past memories. The failures and unpleasant events in past may be good guide for future. but these must not be an obstacle to pleasant living and future hopes.

Certain events in life leave a deep mark and may change an individuals personality and perception of life itself ! Society too has a way of harping on the old issues and letting the person never forget his/her past which may be the reason why many people tend to live in the past !If one develops a positive mentality, it is possible to come to terms with the past and live a normal life !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Certain events in life leave a deep mark and may change an individuals personality and perception of life itself ! Society too has a way of harping on the old issues and letting the person never forget his/her past which may be the reason why many people tend to live in the past !If one develops a positive mentality, it is possible to come to terms with the past and live a normal life !

Others remind you of past misfortune only if you desire so. If you stop talking about your past events to others and discourage this, they will also forget.

Others remind you of past misfortune only if you desire so. If you stop talking about your past events to others and discourage this, they will also forget.

That is true, but I have noticed that many people like to talk about their misfortunes with the idea of lightening the burden which is alright if it serves the purpose, which it seldom does since it only gives food for those interested in gossiping ..

That is true, but I have noticed that many people like to talk about their misfortunes with the idea of lightening the burden which is alright if it serves the purpose, which it seldom does since it only gives food for those interested in gossiping ..

The best strategy is to divert to something else. When Kamla Nehru died, Pt Jawahar Lal Nehru was very sad but he diverted all his attention to freedom movement. That is how he overcame his grief.

The best strategy is to divert to something else. When Kamla Nehru died, Pt Jawahar Lal Nehru was very sad but he diverted all his attention to freedom movement. That is how he overcame his grief.

Yes thats true, and thats why those people rose to such great heights..one has to firmly put the past behind and move on in life.Talking about the society in general, we see that most people dont want to let go of the past, widows are supposed to live in their husbands memories whereas husbands are expected to marry again at least 'for the sake of the children'....A drunkard who gives up drinking is perpetually reminded of his past deeds and so on...

Every one of us goes through such kind of experiences at least once in our life time, where we feel betrayed by our loved ones or something happens that is traumatic. Most of us are able to put it behind us and move on with life and that should be ideally the case. But many do carry those burdens with them and make those burdens mar their judgement or behavior when dealing with those people even after so many years. Which never repairs the rift in truth, even when they may make it appear as if all is well. This especially is the case between family members!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes thats true, and thats why those people rose to such great heights..one has to firmly put the past behind and move on in life.Talking about the society in general, we see that most people dont want to let go of the past, widows are supposed to live in their husbands memories whereas husbands are expected to marry again at least 'for the sake of the children'....A drunkard who gives up drinking is perpetually reminded of his past deeds and so on...

It is the case of 'Forgive but never let them forget what they did or what happened to them' kind of thing. A widow is supposed to lead her life miserably wallowing in the memory of her dead husband and trying to lead a life of her own and her children. reverse is applied to widowers! A case of double standards again!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

We must not think about those happenings of past.In fact we should build our present and our future.

Sharmistha Banerjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.