Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am able to manage a cylinder for two months so its not very worrying for me, but yes we need to be really careful with its usage! Big families who need more than that can go with second connection but now I think getting a second connection has also become difficult!

I am thinking of getting a solar cooker to use occasionally, has anyone tried it?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I am able to manage a cylinder for two months so its not very worrying for me, but yes we need to be really careful with its usage! Big families who need more than that can go with second connection but now I think getting a second connection has also become difficult!

I am thinking of getting a solar cooker to use occasionally, has anyone tried it?

You can buy an induction cooker also.
Now In kerala, almost all houses own an induction cooker. (But I don't have)

Meera sandhu

Yes I am considering that option too but only comparing the two because induction cooker costs electricity even though its quite low, but solar energy comes free!! :laugh:
animated-gifs-cows-021.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Yes I am considering that option too but only comparing the two because induction cooker costs electricity even though its quite low, but solar energy comes free!! :laugh:

If you can keep a cow at home, you can get cooking gas for free....(bio gas) :woohoo: :woohoo:

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8768]}

Meera sandhu

Solar cooker is too slow unless you want to eat your lunch at dinner time. If the power supply is okay, induction cooker is a good choice but make sure it is not not made in China.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Yes, that's a bad news and that will only lead to buying in black. Here many people are doing that only. They are already paying 600-700 per cyclinder. Other options might not be feasible for all.
Also solar things take long time to prepare..

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in

Solar cooker is too slow unless you want to eat your lunch at dinner time. If the power supply is okay, induction cooker is a good choice but make sure it is not not made in China.

Thanks for the tip, there are many being sold in the market for mere rs 2000, probably made in China, I will keep away from them! But solar cooker will definitely work in summer, won't it? Sun is very hot then in the mornings as well!

Induction cooker is better choice over solar cooker as it takes a very long time and you can't imagine how long it will take for the pulses to cook in a solar cooker. It can be kept for usage sometimes but not for daily purposes because time cannot be wasted. Moreover during the rainy/winter days when you don't get to see the sun for days, then solar cooker is a complete failure.

Live in the present :)
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Thanks for the tip, there are many being sold in the market for mere rs 2000, probably made in China, I will keep away from them! But solar cooker will definitely work in summer, won't it? Sun is very hot then in the mornings as well!

Work of Solar cooker depends on number of panels installed, the single panel is too slow in any season. Induction cooker range varies from 1200-2000. Indian made good ones are available for around 2k.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
The families will have a tough time managing their kitchen expenses. I think as Gulshan Sir mentioned we can have more than a connection in case of joint families, so such smart moves can reduce the expenditure and help maintain financial stability in the households.

It will not be a smart move but it is illegal to posses more than one gas connection per household since you are depriving someone else of a gas connection.They have a limited supply and they want it to be distributed equally...I had two connections in two different names and in different cities but within the same state but once I came to know I have given it back ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.