Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yesterday Shila Dixit declared that people below poverty line will be provided with 9 LPG cylinder.But she didn't think about the middle class people.Govt. always think about the poor people and the rich people.But what about the middle class people.

Middle is always sandwiched. The rich protect the government and the government protects the poor. Middle class is nowhere.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yesterday Shila Dixit declared that people below poverty line will be provided with 9 LPG cylinder.But she didn't think about the middle class people.Govt. always think about the poor people and the rich people.But what about the middle class people.

Middle is always sandwiched. The rich protect the government and the government protects the poor. Middle class is nowhere.

I agree, the very poor get a lot of benefits more so if they belong to reserved castes and tribes.My maid bought a site through govt agencies for the lowest rate possible, and after that she was given Rs 1 lakh 45 thousand for construction,free electricity and water, a bare minimum house tax of just Rs 235 per year all because she belonged to the reserved caste and came below the 'poverty line' which is hiked up for reserved classes.She earns nearly 12,000 rupees a month and still comes under poverty level but someone else from the general category doesnt ..So if you come under reservations you get double benefits even regarding Gas cylinders...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree, the very poor get a lot of benefits more so if they belong to reserved castes and tribes.My maid bought a site through govt agencies for the lowest rate possible, and after that she was given Rs 1 lakh 45 thousand for construction,free electricity and water, a bare minimum house tax of just Rs 235 per year all because she belonged to the reserved caste and came below the 'poverty line' which is hiked up for reserved classes.She earns nearly 12,000 rupees a month and still comes under poverty level but someone else from the general category doesnt ..So if you come under reservations you get double benefits even regarding Gas cylinders...

That reminds me of the wonderful discussion that we had on reservations some weeks back. Anyway, how do the poor people get double benefits regarding Gas Cylinders?

That reminds me of the wonderful discussion that we had on reservations some weeks back. Anyway, how do the poor people get double benefits regarding Gas Cylinders?

When you come below the poverty line and also belong to the schedule class or backward class the connection charges are much lesser and they get a free stove as well and apparently even cylinder charges are less in government gas agencies like Indane or Bharat ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

No one is sure about the number of cylinders per year yet. They have decided that congress run states would get 9 in place of six. This is a ridiculous decision, objectionable and changeable. The rules should be uniform.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

No one is sure about the number of cylinders per year yet. They have decided that congress run states would get 9 in place of six. This is a ridiculous decision, objectionable and changeable. The rules should be uniform.

In view of quasi federal nature of Indian republic, there cannot be absolute uniformity. state governments have also some authority and discretion. We cannot expect all state governments to act uniformly especially in view of the fact that ruling parties in states differ.

In view of quasi federal nature of Indian republic, there cannot be absolute uniformity. state governments have also some authority and discretion. We cannot expect all state governments to act uniformly especially in view of the fact that ruling parties in states differ.

So there is nothing wrong if Mamata says it should be 24 in place of six. Who is going to pay for the subsidy, states or the companies?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Presently, Central government pays subsidy. This increases government deficit. so they reduced the subsidy by limiting to six cylinders in a year. In congress ruled states, the state governments will subsidize extra three cylinders. If Mamata Banerjee wants 24, West Bengal government may give subsidy for 18 cylinders. Nobody has any problem with this.

Yesterday in news it has been declared to give 9 cylinders to each family.So it has increased.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Yesterday in news it has been declared to give 9 cylinders to each family.So it has increased.

This is only in Congress ruled states. In other states, this is just six. The extra three are by state government subsidy.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.