It is felt by many that too much and continuous reporting of proceedings in court amounts to media trial and adversely affects some parties in the case. In this connection, Arushi murder case is an example.

Supreme court has refused to ban media reporting on court cases as a rule. But individual cases may be considered on merit.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_court-can-restrain-media-coverage-sc_1739748

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think they have a point, many a times the pushy media personnel put words in the mouths of the parties concerned , which they do in the heat of the moment and regret later since a lot of damage gets done by such things .I too feel that it is not fair to anyone concerned with the case...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Arushi murder case is still a mysterious. Murderers are jailed but main culprit is hidding. Media has right to display news on their news channels and newspapers and let general pubic know about the crime. This can make people aware of any unforseen circumstances. People will take care of their children in much better way.
Arushi murder case is still a mysterious. Murderers are jailed but main culprit is hidding. Media has right to display news on their news channels and newspapers and let general pubic know about the crime. This can make people aware of any unforseen circumstances. People will take care of their children in much better way.

Covering the incident is fine but I do feel that covering the whole court proceedings of the cases is just not right. The media had the role to keep people informed and it can do so by providing the latest turning points in the case if any but they should refrain from telling all that happens inside the court room.

Live in the present :)
The problem is that court proceedings are open for all. So, media has full knowledge of the entire proceedings. There is nothing to stop media from reporting in the manner considered proper by them. If there is any apprehension of reporting of court proceedings prejudicing any party to the case, court should hold proceeding in camera and not allow press and media and also debar from reporting the case.

The problem is that court proceedings are open for all. So, media has full knowledge of the entire proceedings. There is nothing to stop media from reporting in the manner considered proper by them. If there is any apprehension of reporting of court proceedings prejudicing any party to the case, court should hold proceeding in camera and not allow press and media and also debar from reporting the case.

Some restrictions must be imposed. Recording of the cases and later providing the imprints to the media to make the general public aware of the progress or result of the case can be a good step. But the news by the time would become stale.

This is actually a very delicate situation since on the one hand everyone would like to know about what is happening, but at the same time it does seem like invasion of privacy esp if the person accused is innocent, since the media and public would already have made up their minds against him or her ...Such a blot is not easy to get rid of! One of the prominent MLA's Raghpathy Bhat ,from our district was accused of plotting to murder his wife , who had actually left him and gone with another man to Delhi and later committed suicide in a hotel room. But, the MLA was accused and he had to quit and his whole reputation was ruined because of the media attention the case received.He was in fact one of the few politicians who really worked for his constituency..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Media they just make put the issue in a big way.Often we heard in news that some party people said that this woords are not used my them the media made it offensive.Just to draw attraction of people towards them.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Media they just make put the issue in a big way.Often we heard in news that some party people said that this woords are not used my them the media made it offensive.Just to draw attraction of people towards them.

I have often seen that media is getting more proactive. even on debates on T.V., the arrogant role of media is obvious. Instead or reporting news, they tend to make news and allow the guests to speak or not according to their own whim and fancy.

I have often seen that media is getting more proactive. even on debates on T.V., the arrogant role of media is obvious. Instead or reporting news, they tend to make news and allow the guests to speak or not according to their own whim and fancy.

This is worrying as Media nowadays is playing a much bigger role. It has the power to bring changes now. I have also seen the debates on NEWS channels where the host acts like a referee in between two oppositions arguing over a topic.

Some restrictions must be imposed. Recording of the cases and later providing the imprints to the media to make the general public aware of the progress or result of the case can be a good step. But the news by the time would become stale.

The newspaper/ media want latest and sensational news. But the ends of justice are more important. If proper justice can be done by restricting over publicity, there must be restriction on news coverage.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.