Some days before, I called one of my friends working in Government sector during office hours. Actually, I had to convey him an urgent message. But he didn't take the phone. In the evening, he called me back saying, now mobiles are prohibited in our office during working hours. I was really surprised to hear such a news from a Government employee. It's a nice move by the Government. Yet I feel, talking hours for mobile phones can be fixed rather than fully imposing restrictions because we can't know when an urgent call is waiting for us :evil: . But let me say, mobiles are now seen as a better communication media for many private sectors like banking, construction etc where business deals are done through mobiles, as a part of their job. What's your opinion?

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I agree with ban on mobile phones. But there should be some way to communicate in exceptional circumstances. So, family may call on office phone instead of personal mobile. This may be a little inconvenient as the office phone is only with senior officer who will first receive call and then call the employee to talk to family. But administratively, this is okay. There were no mobile phones a decades before but families could talk in emergency on office phone.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

People using mobile phones during working hours must know the value of time and utility of their talk. I used to operate 4 mobile phones and 10 landmines during my regular job. That was my main instrument of business. So, disconnecting any one with out side world is not advisable. Yes, making too many personal calls during working hours is not in.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

People using mobile phones during working hours must know the value of time and utility of their talk. I used to operate 4 mobile phones and 10 landmines during my regular job. That was my main instrument of business. So, disconnecting any one with out side world is not advisable. Yes, making too many personal calls during working hours is not in.

Yes, restrictions should be there for private calls but not complete ban. Many times, mobiles can be used for making emergency calls.
Now we are used to mobiles. That's why we can't imagine even a single day without it. Now business deals are also done by giving corporate connections for bank employes. Yes, private banks are promoting usage of mobiles, by paying them their mobile bills

Meera sandhu

Yes, restrictions should be there for private calls but not complete ban. Many times, mobiles can be used for making emergency calls.
Now we are used to mobiles. That's why we can't imagine even a single day without it. Now business deals are also done by giving corporate connections for bank employes. Yes, private banks are promoting usage of mobiles, by paying them their mobile bills

All my phones and internet including residential were paid by my company . Even when STD was not easy, top management was connected through conferring system to use official phones from our residences. You see we were the ones who transformed this country's telephone density. We did manufacture different kind of instruments to bring Indians closer to each other.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I think complete ban is not good idea as mobile phone is mostly for emergency calls too. The purpose of using mobile phone is complete meaningless if they are been banned for using in office hours... Employers should allow it but if they think its diverting the employees or disturbing their work they can ask employee to put it in vibration mode so that no other employee than the recipient will be disturbed.
I think complete ban is not good idea as mobile phone is mostly for emergency calls too. The purpose of using mobile phone is complete meaningless if they are been banned for using in office hours... Employers should allow it but if they think its diverting the employees or disturbing their work they can ask employee to put it in vibration mode so that no other employee than the recipient will be disturbed.

Vibration mood is good suggestion. Also employees may talk when necessary at low volume.

Vibration mood is good suggestion. Also employees may talk when necessary at low volume.

In many offices, they do put in silent mode.
My hubby, after 6 pm usually put his mobile in silent mode so that he can work freely. I often become angry not to take urgent calls, particularly when he works so late, even after 10pm :evil: .
When his phone rings and he doesn't attend, at late hours, I feel tension

Meera sandhu
I don't agree with it.If mobile phone is banned then too people will find another way to pass time in offices.You know government employees do not like work.I see many of the employees take 1 hour in taking lunch and more time in taking tea which also effect work.Just banning mobile phone won't do anything there are many things which should be checked and rectified. :blink:

My hubby, after 6 pm usually put his mobile in silent mode so that he can work freely. I often become angry not to take urgent calls, particularly when he works so late, even after 10pm :evil: .

If he usually returns after 10 P.M., it is unnecessary to ring. A call is justified only in exceptional circumstances. when you are already aware of facts, no need to contact. For example, some one is going somewhere by train. The train will definitely or in most cases reach the destination. so what is the use of asking about the train reaching the destination.

If he usually returns after 10 P.M., it is unnecessary to ring. A call is justified only in exceptional circumstances. when you are already aware of facts, no need to contact. For example, some one is going somewhere by train. The train will definitely or in most cases reach the destination. so what is the use of asking about the train reaching the destination.

Yes, I become angry only if he works too late, without attending the mobile.
Some days before, I didn't talk for 1 day for this reason. :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.