Years before, when i was a kid, I can forget myself spending in reading books. Balarama, Poompaata, Amar Chita Katha, Bala Mangalam....a few child magazines at that time. They not only provide moral stories, they pass bits of information too. But what about cartoons today? They have made kids prisoners :evil: :evil: , even retarding their mental ability to learn things. Most recent researches have proved that. As kids need not work their brains much while watching cartoons, they are gradually losing their brain capability of thinking and memorizing things. Cartoon channels are just providing some cartoons for entertainment. If they use their channels to teach kids new things, it would be nice. I am not saying such programs are not there. Yet, they could have used their channels more effectively.
Let me add one more thing, my kid's class teacher told me in one of the PTA meetings that, even if kids are watching cartoons for just half or 1 hour, they may lose their concentration, because even if their eyes are not in front of televisions, their minds are not free from thoughts of a wonderland and its characters, whom they make friendship.

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The cartoons remain in children's mind even in class room. Teacher may be correct. But this is correct about all activities. Even grandma's stories, magazine and quarrel with friends could distract kids from class room work. It is no use blaming cartoons. Instead teaching should be more interesting.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
The cartoons remain in children's mind even in class room. Teacher may be correct. But this is correct about all activities. Even grandma's stories, magazine and quarrel with friends could distract kids from class room work. It is no use blaming cartoons. Instead teaching should be more interesting.

you quoted a nice point sir. A good point that we forget most. Sometimes, it's our grandma stories about myths and ghosts that we develop fear for ghosts inside ourselves.
Yet, earlier, kids used to mingle with neighbour's kids well and engaged in some play instead of cartoons. So, they may not think about such stories all time.
But now, it's not the case. We are less mingling with neighbours. As a result, our kids finding more time for cartoons....so, their cartoon world is somewhat bigger than grand ma stories.
Also, through grand ma stories, two generations are linking together to form a strong bond. They are not only telling them moral stories, but also passing many things to their grand kids....which is not at all possible or looks artificial with the present generation of cartoon shows

Meera sandhu

you quoted a nice point sir. A good point that we forget most. Sometimes, it's our grandma stories about myths and ghosts that we develop fear for ghosts inside ourselves.
Yet, earlier, kids used to mingle with neighbour's kids well and engaged in some play instead of cartoons. So, they may not think about such stories all time.
But now, it's not the case. We are less mingling with neighbours. As a result, our kids finding more time for cartoons....so, their cartoon world is somewhat bigger than grand ma stories.
Also, through grand ma stories, two generations are linking together to form a strong bond. They are not only telling them moral stories, but also passing many things to their grand kids....which is not at all possible or looks artificial with the present generation of cartoon shows

Present day Grand Ma also do not know stories that we used to listen before going to bed. So, kids are left only with cartoons and computer games. This is unavoidable. So, it is better to just restrict/ control the way kids spend time to watch these.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Cartoon Network is really very good for small kids as well as for elders. Today also I watch cartoon network. I enjoy it. Some cartoons like chota bheem, balti boy and friends, Krishna Balram, educated us. It teaches is morale values. Some catoons are really not good for small children, I suggest like horrid henry, etc. Cartoon network also show us movies which is too good. I love watching it.

Present day Grand Ma also do not know stories that we used to listen before going to bed. So, kids are left only with cartoons and computer games. This is unavoidable. So, it is better to just restrict/ control the way kids spend time to watch these.

When I was a kid, my mother, actually a Tamilian used to read us Vikramaditya stories from a Tamil book, which we loved a lot. I was just 7 or 8 that time. I developed reading habit myself, as my mother didn't know Malayalam that time. Gradually she learnt Malayalam through my books. English, she doesn't know that much.

Meera sandhu
Now I feel instead of Ram and Krishna, kids place chota beem and other cartoons in their mind. It has one problem too. They often imitate their heroes and very often they believe Chota Bheem and James Bond will come and rescue if they are in danger. Such imaginations and fantasies are at high risk of danger

Meera sandhu
Cartoon network is not good for kids but good for mothers as they are not disturbed when child sees the cartoon .
It is very dangerous if children follow the act of cartoon. So beware of that,

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Cartoon Network is good for children.

Some shows are good. Ramayana stroies, fairy tales like children most.

Be positive
Kids studies will be spoiled because of cartoon networks. they are always seeing the cartoon networks. Not showed the interest in study.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
Years before, when i was a kid, I can forget myself spending in reading books. Balarama, Poompaata, Amar Chita Katha, Bala Mangalam....a few child magazines at that time. They not only provide moral stories, they pass bits of information too. But what about cartoons today? They have made kids prisoners :evil: :evil: , even retarding their mental ability to learn things. Most recent researches have proved that. As kids need not work their brains much while watching cartoons, they are gradually losing their brain capability of thinking and memorizing things. Cartoon channels are just providing some cartoons for entertainment. If they use their channels to teach kids new things, it would be nice. I am not saying such programs are not there. Yet, they could have used their channels more effectively.
Let me add one more thing, my kid's class teacher told me in one of the PTA meetings that, even if kids are watching cartoons for just half or 1 hour, they may lose their concentration, because even if their eyes are not in front of televisions, their minds are not free from thoughts of a wonderland and its characters, whom they make friendship.

l congratulate you Sandhya madam on posting this much needed valuable topic. According to me, cartoon networks really dont help. It really makes kids addict and adoment.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.