Many decades back people use to wear Khadi dresses and carry jute hand bags. Do you wear khadi dress and use jute hand bags in these days? Is it alive in fashion?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Khadi does find a place as far as fashion is considered. People now days do go for Khadi trousers, kurtas and handbags often. Though its not in so much use as it was earlier.

Live in the present :)
I am seeing Congress people in Khadi everywhere. Now it's seen as a symbol of Khadi. I don't know why

Meera sandhu
We can see some people still wearing Khadi dresses. They will be comfortable in wearing.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Kahadi has come a long way since Mahatma Gandhi and Sarojini Naidus days when they used to spin the cotton threads on the charaka and then the threads were hand made into clothes for daily use.Now Kahdi is machine spun and has become a fine piece of material .You have different grades of cotton as well as silks in Khadi.I personally love Khadi esp Khadi silk and cotton sarees and furnishing materials and never miss when there is a discount sale at Khadi Bhandar.. :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I never wore Khadi dress. This is politician's dress. I also never carry jute hand bags. I used to carry leather handbag. But now, I don carry any.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Khadi dresses are still now in fashion.Many people love to wear this dress.I use the jute shoes which are very comfortable.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Khadi dresses are comfortable and mainly in summer here many use it not for style.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Khadi dresses reminds us of Mahatma Gandhi.Those fashion are now in trend.People use jute bags which are designed beautifully.They are durable and long lasting.

Sharmistha Banerjee
I like khadi too, which has come a long way than when it made by hands and was only a base, coarse material. Now, like Usha has described there are so many varieties in both cotton and silk khadi that are really soft, beautiful and durable too. I have a few sarees that I bought from khadi exhibitions we occasionally have here!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I never wore Khadi dress. This is politician's dress. I also never carry jute hand bags. I used to carry leather handbag. But now, I don carry any.

I am seeing Congress people in Khadi everywhere. Now it's seen as a symbol of Khadi. I don't know why

Friends Khadi is traditional Indian wearing. It is said by the freedom fighters that a true patriot will always wear Khadi. They boycotted all foreign goods and clothes.

I think politicians are seen in Khadi because they want to show themselves as true followers of the patriots. Gandhiji and all freedom fighters wore Khadi and protested against the British rule. At that time, mind of the people was different.

Now Khadi is also part of fashion. We may consider it as out of fashion and boring. The true fact is, the simplicity of Khadi is alive. Even today also people feel comfortable in Khadi dresses. Jute bags are also attractive though they are not at all expensive. It makes you look simple and decent.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.