The topic is locked.
Can any one tell me, when we apply mehendi to our skin, why our skin become red. and if we keep mehendi as bindi why our skin does not become red?

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sarala edit your title ear ,just add an i other wise it will not get colour.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
We put on mehindi during festivals and marriage. Festivals like teeg, sankranti, any puja of Gods and Goddesses, rakhi, etc.
When mehindi is put on our hands, it reacts with skin and gives red colour. Mehindi absorbs the heat from out body and becomes dry itself to leave back red colour.
Mehendi is good for our health too, it give a positive to look and absorbs heat from our body.

Mehendi gives color on our hands because it contains a pigment called "lawsone" that has the ability to stain human skin.

Live in the present :)
Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta
Wow Ashii, you have cleared my doubt. thank you so much dear

Mehendi gives color on our hands because it contains a pigment called "lawsone" that has the ability to stain human skin.

This is correct. I want to add the pigment shades found in mehindi - red, dark brown and black.
I have seen the girls use it but do the boys use it ? Boys use tattoo on their body not mehendi I think.

Wow Ashii, you have cleared my doubt. thank you so much dear

But I am still not clear why does the pigment not stain the forehead skin?

Live in the present :)
I have seen the girls use it but do the boys use it ? Boys use tattoo on their body not mehendi I think.

Sir, at the time of marriage, even boys have to put mahindi. :)

Want to make each day Accountable

In Bengali culture Gents don't use mehendi but girls use it in various occasions.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.