I was playing many outdoor games in my school days when there was no mobiles, laptops, satellite channels. On those days very few houses had Television sets (Only Doordarshan). 99% of telephones are there in government offices only. Cricket was not much famous.

We were playing most of the games like kabadi and other games are region and weather specific. We have come put of tradition, culture, festivals, sports which are related with us. Let us try to recollect them and handover to the upcoming generation.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
These days football is also played less. Hockey is played less. There are not so many grounds now.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Outdoor games like "Gilli Danda, Pakda pakdi, find the person", etc are very interesting games. i like volley ball. It is played less now a days.
If you know swimming then many water games are played which are very interesting.
Outdoor games like "Gilli Danda, Pakda pakdi, find the person", etc are very interesting games. i like volley ball. It is played less now a days.
If you know swimming then many water games are played which are very interesting.

Devyani you remembered me my childhood. Yes we miss now those games. Now a days kids also have no time for outdoor games due to pressure of study and also cricket.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

Gilli Danda is definitely an interesting game which the children nowadays don't play. I still remember my parents cautioning us to be careful as it might hurt the eye. By the way, are you referring to ' hide and seek games' by 'find the person ' game??? Here in our place that game is still very popular among children

Gilli Danda is definitely an interesting game which the children nowadays don't play. I still remember my parents cautioning us to be careful as it might hurt the eye. By the way, are you referring to ' hide and seek games' by 'find the person ' game??? Here in our place that game is still very popular among children

Hide and seek and eyes spies were both very popular games played both me and later by my children.I think it is the most loved of all games especially when you had a lot of space around the house where you can hide ...I still enjoy watching it when the children in my neighborhood play it...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes Hide and seek was also another attraction and guli( marble-Small round piece of glass) -it was also .We stored in a box and daily counted those and felt happy.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
My favorite outdoor game is coco, may no one know about it over here. Its wonderful game

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Children(boys) used to play a game called kuttiyum kolum, particularly at Onam season......
It's somewhat similar to Cricket......
A lengthy stick called kol and a small stick called kol........but it's very dangerous too.......kids may lose their eyes, if not played carefully.

Another game I remember, I used to play

A circle will be drawn and player stand inside the circle, not facing other players, with a small stick of about 6-7 cm. Others will stand to catch that stick when thrown.
If it's caught, he will be out. Otherwise, she has to reach the stick with 5 jumps and kick it inside the circle, like a football, exactly 5 (what's it called in English........jumping using one leg)

Meera sandhu

Hide and seek, we play now also.....with our girl, inside home. Only difference is, she instructs us where we should hide, while she is counting :silly: :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu

Hide and seek and eyes spies were both very popular games played both me and later by my children.I think it is the most loved of all games especially when you had a lot of space around the house where you can hide ...I still enjoy watching it when the children in my neighborhood play it...

Though there is not much space around our house but my nieces and nephews always manage to find space to hide such as behind barrel, wall, sometimes even behind an adult :) :) I also enjoy watching them.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.