Sitting can kill you , I mean too much sitting can kill you .
Human beings were always on their feet in the early years busy with some work or the other until the modern ages,Desk jobs, advent of TV and the Computers ! Ans now we are sitting more than ever in the history of mankind - on an average about 9 hours a day !!!
Sitting increases risk of death by upto 40%
Sitting also makes you fat and obese - fat people sit an average 2-3 hours longer than those who are fit !
Finally, sitting expends almost no Energy !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Even small kids have the problem of obesity nowadays and that may be owed to the long duration spend on the computer and TV that cut short the time for physical activities and outdoor games. Nice information provided!

Live in the present :)
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Even small kids have the problem of obesity nowadays and that may be owed to the long duration spend on the computer and TV that cut short the time for physical activities and outdoor games. Nice information provided!

That's true, it is fast becoming a life style disease that has many negative impacts on our lives if we don't watch out ! And more importantly it is relevant to a lot of people , since many use the computer and/or have a desk job as well ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Working in computer, playing in computer, always with computer making all the problems. So we can avoid always sitting in computer.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
Its very hard to live in this world without a computer and a netconnection for me. I live with my computer morethan 14 to 15hrs a day.
Its very hard to live in this world without a computer and a netconnection for me. I live with my computer morethan 14 to 15hrs a day.

Arun try to reduce the usage. It will harm your health.

You cannot avoid sitting if your job so requires. I also need sit for longer hours. But I move more on foot and do not use personal vehicle. I also use stairs and not lift. This helps a lot.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Working in computer, playing in computer, always with computer making all the problems. So we can avoid always sitting in computer.

Ideally you can take a break every hour or so and move around and do something else so that there is some activity for your limbs. Even those with desk jobs and office job are advised to do this ...

@ Arun....Its very hard to live in this world without a computer and a netconnection for me. I live with my computer morethan 14 to 15hrs a day.

You cannot avoid sitting if your job so requires. I also need sit for longer hours. But I move more on foot and do not use personal vehicle. I also use stairs and not lift. This helps a lot.

I guess the only thing to do under the circumstance is to take a break whenever possible and do something else,like go for a walk or at least move around the room so that your limbs and also mind is free of concentrated activity which is supposed to be very bad for the system !

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Ideally you can take a break every hour or so and move around and do something else so that there is some activity for your limbs. Even those with desk jobs and office job are advised to do this ...

It is a very, very good advice. Everyone should follow this for their good health.

Thank you said by: usha manohar
This is very true.Sitting idle for long at one place is not at all good. It gives rise to laziness which gives birth to many diseases. Laziness makes your body worthless and sick.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.